PDA

View Full Version : 200x flywheel bolt

averysdad
09-10-2016, 10:08 PM
I'm holding the sprocket with a holder with the bike in 5th gear. The sprocket is not moving but the flywheel is turning when I try to take the bolt out how is this?

fieldy
09-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Sheered key maybe. Do you have a strap wrench that could hold the rotor. I am just thinking.....and I'm not to good at it.

averysdad
09-10-2016, 11:39 PM
I thank and hope it's the clutch slipping allowing the crank to spin even though I'm holding the sprocket still? Hopefully someone will confirm that? I'm going to get a strap and maybe an impact tomorrow Though about putting a shoe lace in the spark plug hole but I don't want to bend the rod or valves. After I get the bolt out I still have to pull the flywheel.

muthey
09-10-2016, 11:54 PM
they also sell for chainsaw what is called a piston stop, it threads into the spark plug hole and stops the piston from coming all the way up. if you gently bring the piston up and use uven pressure you will be able to break the bolt loose no problem have done this many of times.

yaegerb
09-11-2016, 12:51 AM
I'm holding the sprocket with a holder with the bike in 5th gear. The sprocket is not moving but the flywheel is turning when I try to take the bolt out how is this?

Sounds to me like a sheared key. Use an impact to zip the bolt out.

HarrisoN*
09-11-2016, 01:01 AM
don't mess with stuff in the bore and holders, a good quality impact will zip that nut off first time. Worst case throw it in your truck and take it to a tire shop, im sure they'd zip it off for a few beers.

Save you breaking into a sweat and potentially damaging something.

averysdad
09-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Got it off with and impact no problem. Key is good still don't know why the crank was turning?

yaegerb
09-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Your crank will spin if it's not in gear.

SteveCZ28
09-11-2016, 04:24 PM
is the sprocket stripped, and slipping on the output shaft? so basically you were holding the sprocket itself, but turning the shaft when trying to remove the nut?

Dirtcrasher
09-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Take a short video if you'd like. It's easier for us to see and everyone to learn....

averysdad
09-11-2016, 11:03 PM
I don't know why it was turning. I have it all back together now new piston and rings timing chain and guides.what are the little green gasket valve seals? I didn't use them and I have a lot of o rings left over. They didn't send a valve cover gasket do I need one?234777234778234779234779234780 234781 looks like some one lightened the flywheel what's that do exactly? I have a spare flywheel I used the lightened one for now. It's no problem to Chang it now with that impact and the front axle bolt I have lol. That 14m x 1.5 is a hard one to find in my town lol

yaegerb
09-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Allows for quicker revs.

averysdad
09-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Sounds good to me. What are these?234783

yaegerb
09-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Valve seals

muthey
09-12-2016, 11:19 PM
you use honda bond on the valve cover, there is no gasket for it they are mated surfaces. an ice even smooth amount of the sealant is perfect I paint it on with a small paint brush, a service manual describes that.

RUNMEDOWN
09-13-2016, 09:30 AM
you use honda bond on the valve cover, there is no gasket for it they are mated surfaces.
I make gaskets for the valve cover b/c I always seem to need to pull it off multiple times during a reassembly. I just cut it from gasket sheets. I don't think that should be an issue since I adjust the valves after the gasket is in. At the most it would slightly change the angle of the contact patch for the lifter. Any input that I should not be doing this?

wonderboy
09-14-2016, 09:17 AM
If were talking about the cylinder head cover, I'd be worried about the cam shaft support. The cam journals are formed 1/2 in the cylinder head, and 1/2 in the cylinder head cover. By putting a gasket in there, it is changing the tolerances (much looser) on the camshaft bearing surfaces. I don't think that the service manual recommended liquid sealant (Hondabond) provides much of a thickness once everything is torqued. I think that an actual gasket would end of being much thicker than the Hondabond would be.

yaegerb
09-14-2016, 09:53 AM
I make gaskets for the valve cover b/c I always seem to need to pull it off multiple times during a reassembly. I just cut it from gasket sheets. I don't think that should be an issue since I adjust the valves after the gasket is in. At the most it would slightly change the angle of the contact patch for the lifter. Any input that I should not be doing this?

200x heads are not designed for a gasket specifically for the reason that wonderboy stated. The tolerances to hold the cam are very specific. I wouldn't be running a gasket.

averysdad
09-18-2016, 03:55 PM
I had to use ultra gray permatex cam was tight going in. The little 200x runs good pulls pretty hard and snappy I have never been on one that wasn't wore out and smoking lol. The valves seem to be making a lot of noise at higher rpm probably normal. I adjusted them by feel the first time they seemed kinda loud so I adjusted them with a feeler gauge and now they are louder lol . Lots of oil on the springs and all so it's getting oil .Going to get a 3mm bolt so I can pull up on the cam chain tensioner see if that helps.

oscarmayer
09-21-2016, 09:33 AM
did you adjust the timing chain per manual? did you build it and tighten everything per manual specs? if not that could be part of the issue.