PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z Back in action soon - PICS of progress

J.D.
02-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Well here she sits as of a few minutes ago (7 oclock February 1st).

I have gone through the hole bottom end and checked everything replaced crank seals(everything else checked out PERFECT). Also did a top-end job as well. For new parts I'm adding a set of Boyesen Reeds, a 34mm Flatside carb, a K&N clamp on filter, and a Tri-Zinger gas tank. Should be a good runner once I get here going again. I'll post a few pics once I get everything re-assembled fully as well. Enjoy the pics!

350XXX
02-01-2004, 10:57 PM
man, that thing is fast if you already rode it till tomorrow!!!!lol. looking good! might i ask why the tri zinger gas tank? i'm not up on the tri z too much. there arent very many of them around here. i think i've seen one in my life in person. definately post the finished product. keep up the good work.

TRI-Zbrian
02-01-2004, 10:57 PM
looken good dude in about a year when i move to cali we will have to go riding together

J.D.
02-01-2004, 11:01 PM
man, that thing is fast if you already rode it till tomorrow!!!!lol. looking good! might i ask why the tri zinger gas tank? i'm not up on the tri z too much. there arent very many of them around here. i think i've seen one in my life in person. definately post the finished product. keep up the good work.

Oh Jesus. I'm tired, I'll edit that out. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and took me 3 hours to get the TL250 running(the dirtbike you see right beside the Z), then I went riding with it for 2 hours, then I came home and worked on the Z for the rest of the afternoon until the sun left me stranded lol.

84250r
02-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Looks good Goku! Let us know how she runs after the new goodies.

Tri-Z Pilot
02-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Sweet goku, good to see that your tri-z is coming along very well.

J.D.
02-04-2004, 07:57 PM
**Updated**

Welp, I got er all back together and fired up today. I know you're supposed to idle it 15 minutes, let it cool, then torque it but I couldn't handle it, I took it for a ride after 5 minutes on initial startup....just in 1st gear. Let it finish the 15 mins, re-torqued(nothing leaked out at all but I did it for the hell of it) then I went riding. Wow. I haven't gone past 1/4 throttle yet and it's already scaring me. Most of the power seems to be in the mid-range....low-end doesn't seem that great. Top end....Who knows? My cable has about 1 inch of slop in it, because I don't have the right fitting to go in the top of the carb. I'm very pleased with the power now. Here's a pic as of 5 minutes ago, after 45 minutes of riding I decided to give her a break.

84250r
02-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Looks good Goku. You runnning Stock pipe and silencer?

J.D.
02-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Looks good Goku. You runnning Stock pipe and silencer?

Sadly, yes.

twgranger
02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Man you have alot off area to ride at.

J.D.
02-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Man you have alot off area to ride at.

Yep, as you can see all I have to do is cross the street and ride away, It's nice.

REDMAN225
02-05-2004, 03:06 PM
looking good! wow..thats some real nice scenary you got there!!!

YAMAHA_Jim
02-05-2004, 10:17 PM
The Z looks good goku,I like hte mountains in the background.Are they the rocky mtns? I'm not to sure I would like it by you w/ no trees and all flat. I would load up and go ride in the mountains :)

J.D.
02-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Hmm...I think they would be considered the Rockies. If you ever get a chance look up Mt. Charleston, that's what that mountain is called.