PDA

View Full Version : Air Cooled 250r getting ready for transplant

ScottZJ
02-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Well after pondering upon selling this air cooled air for awhile, I might have changed my mind. I figured if I could get a running engine as a donar then I will finish this project up. I just wasnt interested in a total build up from scatch. Well got the frame painted and a few other things. Cleaned out all the spider webs and she is getting ready for the transplant. I think even after the install of the engine it will need some work to get her 80-100%, but I can deal with that part. Here are a few pics to tease you with.........peace

ScottZJ
02-01-2004, 04:52 PM
A few with the plastic on the rear and tank on. Oh yeah I put an 86 front fender on cuz it looks nicer.

hondatrikesrule22
02-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Looks nice 8) . But I did notice that your tank is smashed to h3ll. Anyway nice trike ;) .

ScottZJ
02-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah I am out on the prowl for another as we speak. Looks like someone almost beefed it cuz both side of the tank have those "pucker" marks LOL...........peace

x.system
02-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Where did you get black fork boots?

smokinp
02-01-2004, 05:42 PM
nice looking trike!

ScottZJ
02-01-2004, 05:42 PM
They actually just came with the trike and are brand new. They look like the ones you see on ebay but not sure what the sizes are.

86waterpumper
02-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey scott is that a aftermarket swinger on there??? or just someone put a sticker on the stocker?

ScottZJ
02-01-2004, 05:52 PM
I dont know. :?: What does a stocker look like? LOL :D

86waterpumper
02-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Well the stocker would be gold much like yours, but usually they had a pro link sticker on them. I guess it is most likely that it's a stocker with another sticker, but you might have someone else with a stock 250r swinger measure it for you and compare just for the heck of it LOL. Just looking at it in that last pic, looks like the axle and tires are set way back from the fenders, but I haven't really scrutinized how too many sit stock.

Is that the watercooler front fender you got from me??? It looks like it's hanging down too much at the front, may be a diff in the way the two fenders bolt up. Just my opinion, but you might add a couple more washers to the back two mounting bolts or a grommet or something to lift the front of it a bit. Looks like a good roller though!

mike from long island
02-02-2004, 11:17 PM
here is a tank i have for sale make an offer no dents p[aint is in great shape i think it was repainted and had new stickers put on at one time

ScottZJ
02-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Sent you a PM Mike. Thanks

LaDano
02-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey scott, do you have a extra gold front wheel? Looking sweet

ScottZJ
02-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey Mike I found a tank I purchased awhile back and just forgot about it. I would like the tank scoops but doubt you will part with those. But A big thanks to you man.

Well I do have another front gold rim that I am going to put on this R, mainly cuz the one on there has a ding the size of a nickel. It still holds air fine but going to change it out. If you want you could get the one with the ding cheap. Just need to take some plyers and bend the ding out of it...........peace

thefox
02-05-2004, 10:47 AM
here is a tank i have for sale make an offer no dents p[aint is in great shape i think it was repainted and had new stickers put on at one time
I think it has been repainted too, the stickers are on backwards :rolleyes: .