PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some info on a racer named Jim “Jimbo” Eubanks

xrider
07-25-2016, 03:14 PM
Had something strange happen at Pine Lake last weekend. We were sitting at our camp in the pits when a guy and his daughter walked up to our trailer and began looking over my Tri-z. It turns out the guy recognized my Z from back when he raced in the 80’s. He said that 5 were built to the exact same specifications (86 Tri-z’s / Calfab swingarm / Aluminum tank) and were raced by him and five other individuals on the east coast back in the day. He asked me if I found this one in New York as he had been trying to find his for several years now. I told him that mine originally was raced out of North Carolina and the only indication I had of who owned it was that “JIMBO” was welded neatly on the bottom cross brace of the CALFAB swingarm. The guy instantly said that it was his friend Jim “Jimbo” Eubanks who owned this Tri-z and that it was one of the 5 that he mentioned. Unfortunately I was in a hurry to make it to the gate for my next race and I forgot to write down the name of the guy I was talking to, so if by chance you’re a member here, please reach out.

Now for a little back story here on how I acquired the Tri-z. I purchased it on the South Carolina / North Carolina border off an old mechanic. When I purchased it, he told me that it was raced by a team out of North Carolina that had multiple Tri-z’s of the same specification. He said that the owner of the race shop in North Carolina was selling the old racers off and he bought it at that time. Fast forwarding, it’s funny how things come full circle sometimes. I tried hard to trace the history of this Tri-z down after I bought it, but never could figure it out, until some random dude came up to me at the track this weekend.

So long story short, I am looking for some info on a three wheeler racer named Jim “Jimbo” Eubanks. Turns out my Tri-z was owned and raced by him back in the day. I know little about him other than that so any information or pictures would be appreciated.

DohcBikes
07-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Great story!

Googling "Jim Eubanks ATV" comes up with some race results and recaps.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1BLWB_enUS594US598&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Jim+Eubanks+ATV

I'm betting Barnett knows him.

kiser
07-25-2016, 10:21 PM
To bad you couldn't have got more info on him from the guy at the race. Good luck finding out more and keep us posted.

86T3
07-25-2016, 11:32 PM
Brian Ward might know, I'll send him this link.

BWard
07-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Great story and XRIDER I wish I could help you, I don't remember a guy by that name but I will ask around. Sounds like you have a very sweet Z

xrider
07-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Appreciate it guys. The only thing I have found so far is that he was invited to the legends race that happened around 2000 with a bunch of other racers from the 80s. He's listed on the list in the link below right below Jimmy White and above Steve Wright towards the bottom of the page. Someone has to know this dude lol.

http://atvscene.com/on-the-fast-trak-5-19-00/

oscarmayer
07-26-2016, 08:36 AM
get on FB Xrider and post there. there is a ton more people and former pro racers on FB than here.

bkm
07-26-2016, 08:56 AM
That's a cool story and man there was a lot of trike racing up in New York it seems. That 200x Calfab you have came off a championship winning bike out of NY. I often wonder what the history was on that Tri-z I had. As the days go on, I really regret getting rid of that bike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk