PDA

View Full Version : What kind of handle bars do I have?

Domingo
02-01-2004, 01:39 AM
I was wondering what kind of handlebars I have on my 250r. It was set up for racing before I bought it and I dont think the handle bars are stock. Are they of a racing type or something else? Should I change them to a different setup for general riding? Thanks

x.system
02-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Those were called D bars, I can't remember who made them or even if you can still get them. If you like them use them. They look like they are a couple inches taller than stock.

Wickedfinger
02-01-2004, 04:05 PM
DG made a handle bar set called "D-Bars" I believe.

Red Rider
02-01-2004, 04:52 PM
If those are "racing" handlebars, they shouldn't be used for general riding, otherwise you might damage your engine. :-P

Sorry Domingo, I couldn't resist. I realize you're asking a serious question, but it's is a simple answer. Like xsystem said, if you like them, keep them. If you don't, get something different.

Domingo
02-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Red Rider What I meant was, has anyone ever used these and are there better bars out there that I should consider.

twgranger
02-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Red Rider What I meant was, has anyone ever used these and are there better bars out there that I should consider.Anything is better. ;)

TimSr
02-02-2004, 02:54 PM
I had some my brother gave me. I used them about a year, and then at an MX race I was getting ready to shooot a jump, gave a little tug on the bars, and one side broke off completely leaving me with a throttle in my hand. I finshed my lap with the throttle and bar end in my hand, steering one handed with the bars remaining. I could only conclude these must have been damaged already.

The more you spend on bars, the faster you will go, but you have to change jetting. Those racing bars really make it run lean.

plkmonster2
02-02-2004, 08:53 PM
The more you spend on bars, the faster you will go, but you have to change jetting. Those racing bars really make it run lean. LOL!! :shock: :D

Domingo
02-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Alright..so new handle bars go on the list of future purchases. And right now I can't come up with anything real snappy to say back to TimSr...I wish I did. So anybody that isnt handing out sarcasm have a suggestion for better bars?

Wickedfinger
02-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Ah Domingo, they're just trying to keep it light hearted ... nobodys trying to dis you ..... you actually got some good advice so far ... Personally, they look a little too high and swept back to me for racing, but if they are comfortable, why change them.

Domingo
02-02-2004, 10:49 PM
I know I was fooling too. :D I do want new handle bars because I think those are about the ugliest things ever made and they are arent that comfy. I was just wondering if anyone had a sweet setup on their R that they could suggest.

TimSr
02-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Sorry Domingo, just my sarcastic shot at "change the jet" overkill. The R isnt quite so high in front as the TriZ, but Ive found that in most cases, your better off looking at bike bars, and staying away from ATV bars for 3 wheelers. A lot of is is nothing more than personal preference and whats most comfortable to you, but Ive found that most ATV bars in general have too much rise for a trike, where your bike bars are a lot lower profile.

Domingo
02-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Thats a good idea Tim. Didnt ever think of looking at Bike bars. The Jet comment was a good one, I couldnt think of anything to comeback at ya with so you win that round. Thanks for the idea. :)