PDA

View Full Version : Lifan 200 gear indicator sensor

redemn93
07-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Do I need this or can it be bypassed? I made a boo boo wiring everything and fried it's ground. Clutch switch was already not being used when it ran before using electric start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ironchop
07-03-2016, 08:58 PM
I left mine off and everything still works fine.

You're talking about that five or six pin connector that plugs into the motor with the small gauge multicolored wires right?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

redemn93
07-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Yes. Well, on this motor it's a ribbon harness. Goes to a small puck looking sensor that bolts to the motor between the stator cover and sprocket. That's the gear indicator sensor for the digital display the original Chinese bike had. Just didn't know if it needed to work for anything else in the ignition system. Only other harness from the motor is the stator.

ironchop
07-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Yup close enough. No, I didn't use mine and I used all the ignition and reg/rectifier that came with the Lifan new and it still works great 4 yrs later

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

redemn93
07-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Yup. This is an 07 motor. Original electronics from what I can tell. I changed the starter solenoid only cause it was really rusty. This was a running basket case I bought, really just for fun to fix up and use. Gotta be honest. Motor runs line a top. And strong. I pulled the head to remove a broken exhaust stud. Super clean inside.

I need a favor lol. From the starter solenoid, where does the pink wire go? Can't get it to engage after I cut the extra stuff from the harness. From the schematic it goes to the gear sensor. I messed up something simple in the starter circuit but can't figure out what. I'm using a kill/starter switch and a key switch.

muthey
07-04-2016, 01:14 AM
here's a link to chinese wiring diagrams for you. remember the start button only carries ground not current. http://www.kazumapartsonline.com/chinese-atv-chinese-atv-wiring-diagrams-c-1_325.html

redemn93
07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
figured it out that night. i had the diagram before and thought i followed it right. to embarrassing to admit what i did. muthey's comment about the ground triggered it in my head.