PDA

View Full Version : ideas for a wider axle 84 200x

OldNo437
06-26-2016, 06:16 AM
ok, so my project x needs a wider footprint. its going to be taler, wider, and (possibly) longer. So, here's a few idears i got. I don't like wheel spacers, never have, and frankly for the power this thing has, not going to be a good idea unless they are the double stud bolt on type. so anyways here's a few options i have bouncing around. first off would be take a wider axle from say 300-450ex r blah blah blah. preferably with 10" wheels, so that i can run 24 - 25" tall tires. turn down the center diameter to accept 200x sized carrier bearings, find a way to then assemble it with who knows what for brake and sprocket, and be done.. in thinking about this, without having the axle re splined, I don't think its going to work, as the bearings have to slide over the splines to work, and if they're too big, then thats not going to happen. 2nd idea, extended swing arm. Take 200x swinger, cut, extend, and while its chopped up, weld in a different bearing carrier from what ever parts machine I happen to find, and run that axle. I'm thinking some sort of utility quad, as it would be stronger, wider, etc as compared to a sport quad axle. so that being said, what would be a good axle to use? either for the 200x carrier, or unknown carrier. as far as a different carrier and axle, I don't care what it is any brand would work, so for that it could be outside of the Honda circle.. any suggestions?

atc007
06-26-2016, 12:19 PM
I have a couple +6 200X axles,but I would need top dollar to sell them. One is very nice chrome,other average. Would have to look at them for make.

christph
06-27-2016, 02:21 PM
I can vouch for the billet Tusk hub. They are super strong, look cool, and relatively inexpensive at 100 bucks.

OldNo437
06-28-2016, 05:43 AM
well I think the decision to go with a newer swinger has been made for me.. was looking at where the swingarm bolts, and eek! looks like they took the CB frame kinda sorta mated it to the 200x and made up the difference with plates, its not pretty, surprised its held up honestly. but what that means for me, is I've got about 4" of width at the pivot point to play with, So I think I'm going to start searching for a utility quad swinger thats the longest and widest I can find, I am going to have to rework the supports that run from the backbone to the pivot point, which is fine, the carbs are too close to that anyways, and make putting an airbox in tough, so it will fix that problem too... so that being said, whats the biggest utility quad (from any manufacturer) that is chain drive?

OldNo437
06-29-2016, 06:31 AM
because its a hacked trike, the frame is half 200x and half cb650 with a street bike motor in it lol and I'm not spending $500 for new parts, when i can find a long swinger, that will add the length, and width, for a couple hundred at best, To do it right and fix the frame will add approximately 2-4" of width where the pivot mounts are, so it would be more work, and more money to make a 200x swinger work than swapping to something else. right now I'm looking at a warrior swinger, seeing what length that will add, what the pivot width is, blah blah blah. I'll share some pictures of this abomination later, so far, everyone is telling me that its stupid, and should be parted out.. never going to see the trail again, its a good thing I don't listen too well :lol:

loganm
06-29-2016, 10:09 AM
What? +2 durablue axle, tusk hubs, large offset rims will get you a lot of width.

oscarmayer
06-30-2016, 09:30 PM
Durablue 83/84 250r axle bolts in. It you gotta run the 250r sprocket and hub set I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironchop
06-30-2016, 09:46 PM
Durablue 83/84 250r axle bolts in. It you gotta run the 250r sprocket and hub set I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
82 only fits the 83-85 200X ....not the 2nd gen R .....that axle I sold you that I had on my 85 200X was a Durablue for an 82 250R flipped over. You have to use 1st gen R rear sprockets and the X rotor and rotor carrier

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

camy
07-31-2016, 01:32 AM
I try the search button to read more about that swap. i rember long time ago i've found some info on this but i lost track totally.

You use the tusk 300ex axle but i know it will be offset if you put it in the swing arm. So I guess the 450r stuff come and get everything centered...??? What did you use and what did you modify to make it fit...

My 200x axles is trashed and i canot source anything that is still good enough to run hard.

OldNo437
08-18-2016, 10:27 AM
so the project continues.. down for the count with a mangled collar bone (Thanks 250r! lol) but I got my hands on a swinger / axle / hubs from a suzuki ltr 450. why a suzuki? it was cheap, long, wide, and burly, and the wheel bolt pattern is the same.. plus its fun to say honduki lol. so now since the pivot is point is wider, need to fix / modify the cluster F that is where the two different frames meet each other. not going to be any progress on this for at least a month, but should be good....