PDA

View Full Version : Header Coatings

350xtrike.rider
05-18-2016, 10:25 PM
My 350x headers are starting to look like crap. I've searched a little bit about coatings and what to use, not really much on here. Im not a big fan of the "BBQ grill paint." I like stock look more then flashy chromed or what not. What are my options and has anyone done a ceramic coating on a 350x? Can I even sand blast a rust/mud coated header? If something works good I could also use it on my 84 Tecate rebuild project.

RUNMEDOWN
05-18-2016, 11:06 PM
I use a local powder coat guy that has ceramic coating, looks awesome and is bulletproof

yaegerb
05-18-2016, 11:47 PM
I just got a 350x supertrapp ceramic coated. Unless you are on a budget or the pipe isn't worth the additional cost, ceramic is the only way to go.

userj8670
05-18-2016, 11:50 PM
My 350x headers are starting to look like crap. I've searched a little bit about coatings and what to use, not really much on here. Im not a big fan of the "BBQ grill paint." I like stock look more then flashy chromed or what not. What are my options and has anyone done a ceramic coating on a 350x? Can I even sand blast a rust/mud coated header? If something works good I could also use it on my 84 Tecate rebuild project.

I went with ceramic on my 350x pipes. Brendon (Yaegerb) did the prep and redid my muffler - bangup job and terrific guy to deal with!!

oscarmayer
05-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Go to a powder coated and get them ceramic coated. It not only will preserve them but will reduce the heat on your leg too by 20-30 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk