PDA

View Full Version : 200es carb question

AK47KID
04-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Got new plugs for my 200es, it fired right up when given throttle. It's fouling plugs and I was wondering if the air/fuel mix screw controlled the fuel or if it controlled the air? It's the stock carb.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Scootertrash
04-16-2016, 08:31 PM
If the screw is on the filter end of the carb it controls air, on the engine side it controls fuel.

AK47KID
04-16-2016, 10:24 PM
So it's on the engine side, to make leaner I need to tighten it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gearheadtom
04-17-2016, 12:01 AM
Yes, turning the screw in will make in leaner. My guess is that it really won't help with fouling plugs, pilot screw only really makes a difference at idle. Make sure your air filter is relatively clean. Also, carb slide needles and such do wear over time, so you may have to drop that a notch or two.

oscarmayer
04-17-2016, 11:07 AM
you have a carb that probably needs a complete rebuild. kits are around $22 shipped off ebay. make sure you get the kit with the pre-formed gasket. it will make live easier if the bowl gasket is already shaped. you will need a can of carb cleaner and lots of paper towels. you will want to ensure every crevis, orifice and hole is clean on the housing before installing the new kit once you remove the old one.

ericmreimer
04-17-2016, 12:25 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3k6T5riJpCA

Here's a great post on this carb. This is actually part 2.5 where he covers adjustment. If you want the whole rebuild series, search is other videos on YouTube, he covers the whole thing.