PDA

View Full Version : I bought another trike!!

thefox
01-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Well I still have to pick it up but it is paid for. It is a 1984 Kawasaki KLT 110, the same as my first trike. I love ebay :-D ! I saw it up last week and have been keeping my eye on it even though I realy don't need another project right now but for $51 I just couldn't pass it up. I won't get a chance to work on it much until I get back from college in may :( and since I already have a Yamaha 200 to work on at my brothers. Supposedly it needs some trans. parts but other then that it is good, I'll see in a week when I pick it up.

-Andrew

200xman
01-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Nice score. I picked up the same exact bike from Freaksfix a couple of months ago. It had a bent ex. valve and a busted outer cover by the recoil. Got alll the parts to fix it but I have to make some room in the garage to work on it. :-D

speed20
01-29-2004, 02:50 PM
looks like it needs a whole motor!!! lol nice find

thefox
01-29-2004, 05:50 PM
looks like it needs a whole motor!!! lol nice find

The guy that I am getting it from said he took apart the engine to find what was wrong but it is complete and the top end looked good. I hope he is right.

200xman- Do you have a manual for the bike? I will be needing to take the tripple tree off in order to get it in my car, do you know what tools are needed? Hopefully not anything special but if so I will have to go out and buy it because most of my tools are at home in NY and I am at school in PA.

-Andrew

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-29-2004, 05:55 PM
nice buy!!!! :-D :-D :-D found a powerplant for it??

wheelieman18
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Dude i don't know if its too late to write about this but dang i have the exact same trike. i bought it about 3 months ago. I thought it was going to be a bi#tch to ge going cuz it needed a new shifter shaft. I just welded one on from another bike and it was ready to go. My nieghbor is a painter and he painted it for free. Bad ass paint job. Post pics later.

But not bad for $125 I think.

thefox
02-04-2004, 06:38 PM
cuz it needed a new shifter shaft Yeah, the big problem with the kawasaki 110's is that they strip the shifter shaft often. After going through a new shaft and new shifter ($35 a piece new) when I had my last one I found that the shifter can be fixed to keep it from happening. When you pull off the shifter the part that goes onto the shaft forms a U, Kawasaki welded all the way are around the U so when the bolt is tightend it doesn't pinch the shaft like it should. That is where a hack saw works great ;) . I am going to go pick mine up this Saturday, can't wait!

thefox
02-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Well I picked up the trike yesterday. It looks good, well everything but the engine. It turns out that the original engine was put into a mojave 110 quad and now I have the mojave engine, electrical, and carb. The engine looks complete but the trans has the shaft that the sprocket is on twisted a little :( . I think that I may sell the mojave suff and try to find the parts that should go on it. One thing that I noticed was that the piston has "50" stamped on the top of it, does this mean that it is 50 over? The only other thing on the piston is "ART" on the side and an arrow over the 50.

-Andrew

smokinp
02-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Nice find

hondatrikesrule22
02-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Yup,it is a .50 over piston,the arrow tells you which way is up, and I guess art is the people that forge them ;) .

TexasRex
02-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Art makes OEM yamaha pistion (and others?) they also forge pistons for Pro-X. Good solid pistons. Heavier than Weiscos but stronger IMO.