PDA

View Full Version : All 225 yamaha owners!

plkmonster2
12-05-2002, 12:06 AM
i got a battery from the local yamaha dealer and it went dead real soon. i recharged it, and it is starting to go dead again. i was wondering, when i took the battery off and started it, i used a tester to see if the engine was sending any volts back to the battery to see if the engine would recharge the battery itself, but no volts came back! does the 225 recharge the battery? also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this trike? thanks.

TOC5
12-08-2002, 07:34 PM
i got a battery from the local yamaha dealer and it went dead real soon. i recharged it, and it is starting to go dead again. i was wondering, when i took the battery off and started it, i used a tester to see if the engine was sending any volts back to the battery to see if the engine would recharge the battery itself, but no volts came back! does the 225 recharge the battery? also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this trike? thanks. I have a 225dx and I just check the same thing the other day. I does change the battery but it is a little charge output and the faster the rev's the higher the voltage output. I notice about a half a volt increase when I started up the motor and almost went to a full volt at a high rev.