PDA

View Full Version : 350x supertrapp help

userj8670
04-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Never done this before but I would like to repack my supertrapp. What is the best was to get it off my pipe without damaging it or the pipe? I doubt it's ever been off- it's on there pretty good and tight. Also if anyone has the bolt that mounts from the pipe to the rear shock tower I could use 1 :)230008230009230010

yaegerb
04-06-2016, 10:25 AM
See your PM's.

userj8670
04-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Do the guts come out the back end and the silencer stays on the bike? Looks like a rivet of some sort on there as well? I hope it's not a rivet lol

yaegerb
04-06-2016, 11:04 AM
that's not a rivet. If memory serves, guts pull out toward the motor.

Dirtcrasher
04-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Guts pull out with the disc plate retainer (threaded for the 1 to 15 discs) from the back.

Inside the ST system, there is a system to make the cone be the innermost, a second insert shaped like a wine glass is next and has the 6 threaded inserts for the discs and the disc end.

Then, over that, is the ID of the aluminum silencer. The clamp holds it it but it rusts holds it, I'd ride it around the yard, soak it with PT oil and heat it, spray, cool it. They suk!

I have some methods, some work, some fail. Even a plastic shot hammer ruins it all.

But getting a good ST system isn't easy and repacking it makes you pry and smash it the whole thing apart....

Most get ruined taking them apart.

dirtwheels
04-06-2016, 11:15 PM
On the bottom of the aluminum silencer part (under where the clamp goes over) there usually is an aluminum retaining pin that you need to pry up and out in order to separate the silencer from the mid-pipe. The lip on the retaining pin is super-thin. It usually gets destroyed taking it out. But it does not need to go back in. You really don't need it at all since the darn thing is so tight, mostly due to the fact that it overlaps the mid-pipe by a good two inches.