PDA

View Full Version : Going rate for a rough, but running atc?

Mackus84
03-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Found this little gem on facebook today. Looks like a 90? Or a 110? Not super familiar with the little trikes. The tank IS INCLUDED, they took it off bc the bike was sitting outside. Apparently it runs. $75 is a good deal right? Thoughts? Should i pick it up? 229719

big specht
03-29-2016, 08:34 PM
If you don't have any than 75 isn't bad it a Honda 90 or 110

Mackus84
03-29-2016, 08:39 PM
If you don't have any than 75 isn't bad it a Honda 90 or 110

I have an '85 200X. But when i just saw this and thought hell "$75 for a running atc" . At the very least i should be able to clean it up, and resell for a few hundred right? Maybe keep it for my kids and do it up nice. Pretty sure its a 110. But not positive. Im going to look at it when i get off work tonight

loganm
03-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Spend $75 on liquor for the month or buy an ATC. The choice is obvious (both).

Mackus84
03-29-2016, 09:17 PM
Spend $75 on liquor for the month or buy an ATC. The choice is obvious (both).

I dont drink. Thanks for the input though

dustrunner
03-29-2016, 11:19 PM
If you buy enuff trikes you will probably start drinking. = I did....

Mackus84
03-29-2016, 11:57 PM
If you buy enuff trikes you will probably start drinking. = I did....

Oh trust me, ive done my fair share of drinking. Enough for 3 lifetimes. But im a family man now. Ill have some beers on occasion, but getting liquored up every weekend is a thing of the past. Anyways, about the trike, i went ahead and picked it up. Its a 110, and according to the vin its a '79. Not in great shape but itll easily be a runner and rider so for 75 bucks, couldnt really go wrong

oscarmayer
03-30-2016, 08:40 AM
$75 for a runner is a steal!

jb2wheels
03-30-2016, 08:59 AM
I've found "ugly" or "rough" are more expensive to fix than "not running".

"Clean up and sell for a couple of hundred" will lose you a couple of hundred clean up is done well enough to make it wort selling for a couple of hundred.
Plastics, tires, seat, bearings, chain, sprockets add up quick.

ps2fixer
03-30-2016, 10:19 AM

"Clean up and sell for a couple of hundred" will lose you a couple of hundred clean up is done well enough to make it wort selling for a couple of hundred.

That is why my ugly machines stay ugly till I get spare parts from other machines being parted out to make it look nicer =). Who cares about looks, fix mechanical issues, brakes, the seat and make it reliable. If you live near a large city, the ugly machine will be much less likely to be stolen, and you can spot your own machine a mile away, very useful when at trike fest =).

Mackus84
03-30-2016, 10:44 AM
That is why my ugly machines stay ugly till I get spare parts from other machines being parted out to make it look nicer =). Who cares about looks, fix mechanical issues, brakes, the seat and make it reliable. If you live near a large city, the ugly machine will be much less likely to be stolen, and you can spot your own machine a mile away, very useful when at trike fest =).

Yeah its pretty complete, looks like i need a new throttle cable, and air filter and good carb cleaning to get it running. As far as looks wise it needs a front fender. The guy re covered the seat previously. Thinking since its pretty complete im gonna fix it up mechanically, and get it running really good and keep it for my kids.

Mackus84
03-30-2016, 10:50 AM

All the bearings feel ok, needs a front fender. Sprockets, chain, are good. Not trying to get rich here. But for 75 bucks it was hard to pass up

Mackus84
03-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Oh and it needs a headlight. Probably wont even worry about that unless i find a cheap one.

Mackus84
03-30-2016, 10:53 AM
229744 cant go wrong for 75 bucks

350xtrike.rider
03-30-2016, 11:15 AM
You won't regret it. And really its only $75.

ps2fixer
03-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Really it isn't "that" bad. Repaint the front forks, front fender etc like you said before and should be a solid rider. No point in making a show machine for kids to ride, everyone knows how kids are, it won't be a show machine when you're done =).

I paid $50 for much much less in the past, basically a frame, engine that is complete junk (cam was nearly round from running with no oil I guess), and the little gem I was actually after... the 350x light headlight sitting on the frame in the photo lol. I have hulled a lot of 3 wheelers in my little corolla =).

EDIT:

Oh actually, I have a couple of atc110's I picked up for parts a couple of years ago. I'd have to check on the light, but it was probably missing. Looks like you could use the foot pegs though? Might be lucky and have a throttle and cable too. Whenever you get to check it out, post up a list of parts you're interested in and I'll check my stock.

Of course the next best option for ya is to find another one for $75 that has the parts you need to make a solid machine all around =).

coolpool
03-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Running, shifting is the bonus for $75. It will be easy to dump another $2-300 for regular maintenance parts, ie cables, brake shoes, bearings, chain and sprockets etc. I know your bearings "Feel" OK, but I'd pull it completely apart and make sure all your safety equipment is good; especially since your kids will be on it.

Mackus84
03-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Running, shifting is the bonus for $75. It will be easy to dump another $2-300 for regular maintenance parts, ie cables, brake shoes, bearings, chain and sprockets etc. I know your bearings "Feel" OK, but I'd pull it completely apart and make sure all your safety equipment is good; especially since your kids will be on it.

Yeah youre right about that. Since im likely going to keep it, im more than likely gonna go through the whole thing. I got most of the bike pulled apart in about 30 minutes this morning. Brakes work good actually, although its missing the hand brake that im assuming should be there.

Mackus84
03-30-2016, 06:56 PM
Really it isn't "that" bad. Repaint the front forks, front fender etc like you said before and should be a solid rider. No point in making a show machine for kids to ride, everyone knows how kids are, it won't be a show machine when you're done =).

I paid $50 for much much less in the past, basically a frame, engine that is complete junk (cam was nearly round from running with no oil I guess), and the little gem I was actually after... the 350x light headlight sitting on the frame in the photo lol. I have hulled a lot of 3 wheelers in my little corolla =).

EDIT:

Oh actually, I have a couple of atc110's I picked up for parts a couple of years ago. I'd have to check on the light, but it was probably missing. Looks like you could use the foot pegs though? Might be lucky and have a throttle and cable too. Whenever you get to check it out, post up a list of parts you're interested in and I'll check my stock.

Of course the next best option for ya is to find another one for $75 that has the parts you need to make a solid machine all around =).

Awesome. Cash will be a little tight this week. Just spent a bunch of money on my 200X, but in a week or two ill start looking for some stuff. The throttle/switch is actually in decent shape. What i know i need right now is throttle cable, ALL airbox parts including carb to aibox rubber boot. I have the one that goes from box to frame. One footpeg. The other is good. Headlight, front fender, gas cap. Thats all i can think of off the top of my head. Fender, and headlight will come after, just need the mechanical stuff first. Then, like you said earlier, i can make it pretty later if i choose to

Mackus84
03-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Also, i could be wrong, but i think it has the wrong gas tank and seat? From looking around on ebay, the 79 model tank is just like an ovalish shape. This one has the indentions in the side of the tank where the seat is supposed to fit it, and the seat to match. According to the vin decoder its definitely a 79 model. The engine too. The serial numbers are ATC110-2****** or whatever. I dont hae it in front of me, but thats what is on the frame and the engine is i believe ATC110E and some numbers. So im not sure the tank and seat are correct