PDA

View Full Version : I've asked before but ytm plastics?

AK47KID
03-28-2016, 12:37 AM
I know I've asked before but is there a company that produces ytm plastics??? I know maier is the first thing that comes to mind when you crash and break your own plastics on your honda but what about Yamaha and kawasaki? I've heard that maier won't make ytm because there too big and wide. Which I don't believe. What's your guys opinion or theory on it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

El Camexican
03-28-2016, 06:08 AM
You're best bet for nice YTM plastics is to find a clean trike for sale (I've seen very clean ones sell for under $500 bucks) buy it, keep the plastics and part the trike out to pay it off. Aftermarket does not exist as far as I know.

Ghostv2
03-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Obviously nobody makes them anymore, but did maier ever do any ytm plastics? I know they did some tri-z stuff more recently in group buys.

I wonder why they never did. All the ytm plastics I get on machines have that corroded layer on those. No idea why. It's not a hot market but I'm sure they would sell in small runs. But making your money back from making the molds and all, who knows if it would be worth it to them. Owning Yamahas means lots of wet sanding.

YamaBoss
03-28-2016, 12:55 PM
As much as I would love to have some plastics made, no matter how many people want them, I can't imagine it would be enough to get a company to make them. As said before you can get really clean machines for cheap, or you can really make the plastics look a lot better with some sanding of the plastics.

AK47KID
03-28-2016, 06:32 PM
I emailed them and nothing back. Maybe if some more people bug them? Or if someone here on 3ww wants to make some money and make them? I would if I could. But I don't know what I need and such

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jonathan Rusu
03-28-2016, 07:09 PM
I polished my 225dr plastics and they came out pretty damn nice!

Mosh
03-29-2016, 06:19 AM
Oh...DOCHbikes and ZM performance where going to spearhead this very project along with some trikefest donations.

That is why some long time supporting members that had been anchoring some custom plastic operations for this website , TF and three wheelers, pulled up roots in handling group orders and mold making intrests and sold off their assests. I know for certain some long time members at the time where letting the ink dry on the check for short track shrouds, but once the big players were coming to town, the short track shrouds were abandoned.
It seemed all custom plastic operations were to be up and running in the hands of much larger and capable people in the field than those that were here before.

I have not heard if any of it came to fruition.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/166806-ZMPerformance____Trikefest-Donation-Suggestions-EVERYONE-welcome!!?highlight=Plastic