PDA

View Full Version : Clarke Short Track Tank

The_Steve_Man
03-25-2016, 10:22 AM
I just called Clarke about short track tanks. The woman I talked to didn't seem to know if anything was in the works. My suggestion is to flood them with calls if you are definitely interested in a tank.

Mosh
03-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Look up Clarke tecate tank. Clarke was lynched over some finish issues. I would be surprised if they even attempted to appease trikers again after that.

86T3
03-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Look up Clarke tecate tank. Clarke was lynched over some finish issues. I would be surprised if they even attempted to appease trikers again after that.

Clarke fixed their 1st gen tank problems and then went on to build a very nice 2nd gen tank a couple years ago. IMO the honda short track tank would sell much better than either tecate tank, you just need to convince them of that.

The_Steve_Man
03-25-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't believe they do. IMS makes tanks.

If you would buy one just give them a quick call. I have a really nice black tank that I don't want to get messed up. So I would buy one and take that off.

christph
03-25-2016, 05:58 PM
I'm the one lent Clark the 2nd generation Tecate tank so they could make a replica. Actually the picture on their website is of my bike because they wanted me to take some pictures and make sure it fit. If you want a Honda short track tank, someone is going to have to lend them one. Don't worry, the process doesn't damage it. I got mine back but it took about 9 months, thankfully it was a spare. I also got a free tank out of it. They may have had some quality issues in the past but I think they fixed that with a new machine. Regarding the short track tank, it may be hard for them to reproduce. Compared to the stock tank it has very long aluminum brackets to where it mounts up to the frame in the front.

Mosh
03-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Clarke fixed their 1st gen tank problems and then went on to build a very nice 2nd gen tank a couple years ago. IMO the honda short track tank would sell much better than either tecate tank, you just need to convince them of that.

I didn't hear they had fixed the issue. I remember a few guys having issues with the first gen tecate tanks. Clarke did try to make it right by offering a replacement, but a few guys felt that paying return shipping was out of order whuch is standard practice. I have met the Clarke folks a few times and they have always been good people to work with. My point was a few people were difficult to make happy, and there was some rants started here over it which the issue needed to be addressed, but could have been done with more patience and diplomacy at the time by the buyees imo, so as to not bite the hand that feeds us so to speak. I realize anything aftermarket is just that and for most of us we appreciate the effort, even if there is a problem, it is better than having nothing. But I would not hesitate to purchase from Clarke. At the time I felt bad for them for trying something new and getting the 5th degree for it when they were doing everything they could to remedy the problem. .But definately carry on with the requests for them..

The_Steve_Man
03-25-2016, 07:29 PM
Maybe Billy has heard back.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/cb4d7fb26ab8f8769d3dc9bbd9805b0a.jpg

kiser
03-25-2016, 09:29 PM
This would be great if they started making them! Let's keep our fingers crossed! I would buy one or two for sure.