PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust flame thrower

AK47KID
03-23-2016, 05:52 PM
I know, it sounds adolescence but has any one done this? I was wanting to do this to a banshee a while back but apparently no one has done it to atv's. Obviously 2 strokes would work best for this. This wouldn't be a forest thing of course. More for the dunes. What do you guys think? I know I can make a set up for around $50 with just a ignition coil, wire, spark plug, helicoil to put in the muffler for the spark plug...ect

I know it sounds dumb...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AK47KID
03-23-2016, 05:53 PM
http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/exhaust-flame-thrower-kits?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

DohcBikes
03-23-2016, 06:03 PM
It is a very bad idea to add uneccessary and potentially dangerous parts to any ATV or 3 wheeler.

oscarmayer
03-23-2016, 06:15 PM
It is a very bad idea to add uneccessary and potentially dangerous parts to any ATV or 3 wheeler.

It sounds like the same thing I was thinking. DOHC, It was a bad idea your dad did not use a condom when he knocked up your mom with you.
Now, if your done with the crappy feedback responses, we can move on..

AK47KID, sorry about that. DOHC has been spending a ton of time doing nothing but trashing people's threads. figured i'd give everyone a good laugh.

loganm
03-23-2016, 06:23 PM
2 or 4 stroke? Build a 4 stroke for a turbo and put an anti-lag tune on. Even better, plus you get ridic power.

DohcBikes
03-23-2016, 06:38 PM
If you post something with the intention of doing nothing more then pissing a person(s) off you are doing what is known as trolling or post baiting. Trolling and post baiting will not be tolerated period, and you will be banned without warning or notice totally at any moderators discretion.

DOHC, It was a bad idea your dad did not use a condom when he knocked up your mom with you.Pretty sure this is the kind of thing that gets most people banned.

AK47KID
03-23-2016, 07:06 PM
2 or 4 stroke? Build a 4 stroke for a turbo and put an anti-lag tune on. Even better, plus you get ridic power.
2 stroke. It would be easier since they spit raw fuel out. 4 stroke you gotta Rev it up and then ignite it

AK47KID
03-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Dohc I gotta be honest you kinda do...

roostin atc
03-23-2016, 07:16 PM
If you think you can do than do it. But personally it's not a good idea. Sometimes you have to learn on your own. Trial and error is a key tool in every scenario. Just remember one thing. Have a fire extinguisher close.:beer

ps2fixer
03-23-2016, 07:31 PM
I won't go into saftey stuff since it seems everyone else is hitting it, but I'd think the biggest problem you'd be running into is how to mount the rear spark plug out of harms way, semi hidden, and past the muffler. Cars generally dump wide open out the back unlike our atv's with the muffler being the tail pipe too.

Some newer machines I have seen with a small down spout on them such as a 680 rincon, so maybe something can be matched up to make it work well.

Might sound silly, but maybe an alt fuel could be used for the "flame thrower" instead of unburnt fuel such as LP with a one way valve for stopping burn back into the hoses, and placing a spark plug just past the inlet.

Just some ideas, be sure to research them out and understand the risks related etc.

AK47KID
03-23-2016, 08:06 PM
Let me get the fear factor out of the way. I'm talking about one that will only ignite when at will
Aka button operated. Mainly used in the winter, not gunna be dumb about it. And of course not do it in front of the forest service.

AK47KID
03-23-2016, 09:06 PM
I was gunna buy one a while ago but never had the spare money to toss at something that might not work. There is a kit that comes complete all you have to do is Rev the engine up and push a button and it redirects the ignition coil to the spark plugs in the silencer/muffler and boom you got a 10 foot flame. With this you could show off more on the drag strip 😃

muthey
03-25-2016, 12:19 PM
ok first off my concern is the shortness of the exhaust and it leading right back into the motor, especially on a two stroke. You have to remember you have an expansion chamber filled with fuel and oil that could explode on you. Second if you are redirecting the ignition coil to the igniter setup you lose spark to your main plug and the motor will die which then prevents a flame, or if you start tapping into the main ignition voltage you will reduce your spark to the motor and could possibly damage the stater. Lots of little things to consider before doing something like this. Even if you made a a setup to prevent the flames from going back into the motor on either a 2 or 4 stroke you would still have to purchase an upgraded stater to prevent the damages from over drawing on it, now I'm not saying it will burn it out the first time you hit it but eventually it will weaken it to a point that you would no longer have spark. A car ignition which those setups are designed for is much stronger than our trike setups.

ironchop
03-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Can't redirect the ignition. Motor must be running to pump the extra rich mix out into the exhaust pipes. If the ignition is redirected, the motor stops running and your exhaust stops flowing enriched air to the extra plug in the tailpipe.

Car flaming guys usually use the manual carb choke cable to flood the exhaust while running so it will work. They have to be careful or the car dies anyway from too much choke. This is why they can't flame for more than a few seconds without backing off the choke knob to keep from stalling.

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk