PDA

View Full Version : atc90/110 aftermarket frame questions

Daddio
03-05-2016, 11:23 PM
I've got just about everything I need for my Bandito build, except for the controls. What clutch cables, brake cables and throttle cables will work best with the aftermarket frames? I've got a set of 185 handlebars on it and they are slightly taller and wider than stock. Also is a stock 90 thumb throttle going to be enough for it?
Another question. Does anyone out there have an aftermarket or cheater cylinder, 58mm or so, that they would be willing to sell? You can pm me on this one. Just throwing this one out there.

Joseph Farrow
03-06-2016, 02:26 PM
I would use a "CR" style clutch perch and handle. You can use the stock SL90 Honda clutch cable. The brake cable should work as well.
The only one that may be a little short is the trottle. It all depends on if your frame is extended. IIRC if you use the thumb trottle you may can use a stock 185S cable.

1979atc
03-06-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm using a 200x thumb throttle and throttle cable on my helm and son bike, seems to work great for me. My stock cable and throttle wasn't going to work with my carb setup. Hope to see your build done soon!

Ghostv2
03-06-2016, 05:42 PM
I was running into problems with my pauter frame and aftermarket bars with the OEM 82 110 throttle. I've tried routing it every way possible and kinda have just been dealing with the extra revs when I make turns until I fully build it up for racing. Guess I'll try a 185s cable. I might have a 200s cable laying around too. I'll see if that works.

Daddio
03-08-2016, 12:09 AM
I would use a "CR" style clutch perch and handle. You can use the stock SL90 Honda clutch cable. The brake cable should work as well.
The only one that may be a little short is the trottle. It all depends on if your frame is extended. IIRC if you use the thumb trottle you may can use a stock 185S cable.

Thanks for the info, I had wondered about sl90 cables. Ijust didn't want to end up with something that was too long. I'd like to keep it neat looking.