PDA

View Full Version : *** 1984 Honda 200es clutch question ***

bkvette3
03-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Hello all,

I just finished replacing the clutch friction disks, clutch plates and clutch springs in the manual clutch of my '84 200es. I also replaced the one way sprag, clutch shoes and clutch drum in the centrifugal clutch assembly, too. All OEM parts. Reassembled everything as per Official Honda Shop Manual. Adjusted the clutch also as per manual.

Went for a test drive - shifted into first from neutral. But as the shift lever was released- the trike just stalled. Tried again- same thing. Tried again - only this time I released the shifter very slowly with my foot and the trike moved forward and I was able to drive away and shift all the way up to 5th with no problems. Also noticed that the sub transmission shifter knob can move from high to low without lifting the shift knob upward. Also the sub trans shifter will not go into reverse. Something is not right - your comments and opinions greatly appreciated before I have to disassemble to see what is wrong. I need a drink.

Thanks in advance.

Gearheadtom
03-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Sounds like the 1 way bearing is in backwards. Made that mistake on a 300 Bayou once.