PDA

View Full Version : why does honda still produce OEM 250r shrouds but not other plastics?

jrooster
03-05-2016, 02:12 AM
Since buying my OEM shrouds directly from honda, ive always wondered why they still make them but not other plastics. same thing goes for the fork boots. Defiantly not complaining, just wondering.

atcmatt
03-05-2016, 02:50 AM
Was not aware that they still manufactured the shrouds? Maybe you just got lucky?

Matt

bkvette3
03-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Good question, jrooster. I purchased both OEM shrouds and fork boots from my local Honda dealership for my '85 R. Would be nice if other plastic was still available from the dealership.

BOB MARLIN
03-05-2016, 08:29 AM
They are left over stock. Honda will never produce any atc parts again. (in my opinion anyway). When they are gone- that will be it.

Chick3nBig
03-05-2016, 01:50 PM
I'm in Washington and I have bought plastics for my 200es. Gonna give the dealer a call see if they still could get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83_200e_rider
03-05-2016, 02:38 PM
They are left over stock. Honda will never produce any atc parts again. (in my opinion anyway). When they are gone- that will be it.

Exactly.. Get them now while you can.. before you pay double the price for nos

christph
03-05-2016, 04:12 PM
This is a frustrating topic. I put together a complete set of 86 plastics before they got ridiculously expensive, but I've got an 89 TRX 250R I would like new OEM fenders for but they don't make them anymore. They would sell like hot cakes if Honda would make these parts again, but I guess when your a billion dollar global company the profits they would see just aren't worth it.

Dirtcrasher
03-05-2016, 08:51 PM
They'd only ell a tiny bit of the overall plastics made. We can't get 10 people to buy a group buy most of the time....

I've been hoarding 86 shrouds starting back 5 years ago, I figured they'd get discontinued.

They have better mounting (3 screws) and a 250R is really for an veteran rider, although some morons end up with them. So, IMHO, they haven't sold enough yet to end the stock.

They only make so many, then the part is gone. I can't see Honda holding onto that mold so I think they will be gone someday. So everytime I buy at Service Honda, I get 2 full sets. It's adding up!!

onformula1
03-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Please don't try to apply logic when it comes to OEM parts from any trike manufacturer, or you will go crazy!

Why important wear parts are disco, but the items you will never need are still available??? It make ZERO sense! pistons, rings, bearings, bushings, o-rings and gaskets should be available, let alone parts that get crashed damaged like radiators, fenders, ETC.

Also, notice that many of the items that are available also fit many other motorcycles/quads for instance if you eliminate the CR/XR/XL/CRF bike & TRX quad parts there is very little left for the 250r.

BOB MARLIN
03-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Rumor has it (and its just a rumor, but I got it from a reliable source) that some of the molds still exist. But Honda won't let go of them, or mold more parts from them because of liability concerns left over from the "Ban". Honda seems to be real gun shy of law suits. That's why they don't make a sport side x side. (although I hear there may be one in the works). When Yamaha got sued over the Rhino, Honda backed away from that market as fast as they could.