PDA

View Full Version : need help with tri-z washer identification

bushwacker51
02-22-2016, 09:41 PM
I am putting together my 1985 tri-z motor. The cases are split and I am having a hard time figuing out where this washer goes. I think it goes on the end of the one transmission shafts. Would like to be sure before I go back together with the cases any help would be appriciated. Ps the washer is silver in color came out gold in the picture.

jonolanracin
02-22-2016, 10:38 PM
That washer goes under 1 of the gears more than likey on the small shaft as the big shaft gears stay all together when you take them out of the case unless you take them apart hope this helps

bushwacker51
02-23-2016, 02:48 AM
That washer goes under 1 of the gears more than likey on the small shaft as the big shaft gears stay all together when you take them out of the case unless you take them apart hope this helps

Actually it cant go under one of the gears because the washer is to small to fit over the splines of the gear shaft, the only part it fits over is the very end that goes into the bearing in the case thought it might fit there.

3 Wheel Drive
02-23-2016, 03:16 AM
It looks like part number 19 from the picture here, zoom in to see it better:

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/yam/50038896f870021f60a09ba2/transmission

bushwacker51
02-23-2016, 03:55 AM
It looks like part number 19 from the picture here, zoom in to see it better:

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/yam/50038896f870021f60a09ba2/transmission

It does look like # 19, except 19 has more groves to fit over the splines on the shaft and the washer I have has only 4 groves and wont fit over the shafts its to small

bushwacker51
02-23-2016, 10:39 AM
It does look like # 19, except 19 has more groves to fit over the splines on the shaft and the washer I have has only 4 groves and wont fit over the shafts its to small

Okay I figured it out I looked at the digraham and could see a washer on the small end of the tranmission shaft that comes apart. The washer goes on right before the shaft goes into the bearing in the case. I went to ebay and saw a picture of a 1985 transmission that was for sale on ebay and the washer with the funky cut outs was on the end of the small transmissin shaft. Case solved. Thanks for all the help. Ill post some pictures of my tri-z doing a mini rebuild on the trike not a complete frame off, Rebuilt motor new sleve rebuilt crankshaft, new aluminum radiators, Banshe durablue elimanator axle ete etc etc. Thanks for all the help Glenn O.