PDA

View Full Version : 250R part out?

ATCT
01-19-2016, 12:26 PM
So, as I picked up a complete, original '84 250R, I need to sell off my projects. Here's what I have:

1) 1984 250R-- Mostly complete, but needs some work. Engine runs, good compression. Carb needs a rebuild. Brakes need to be rebuilt. Needs a new headlight guard. Front forks need new seals. Needs new tires. Needs a new chain. Needs a new seat/cover. Has a good title. Currently apart.

2) 1983 250R--less complete. Engine runs strong. Aftermarket DG head pipe and silencer. Purchased without suspension, wheels or brakes. Have since purchased complete triple/front fork set up for an 83/84; purchased rear axle, rear hubs; purchased rear swing arm and swingarm bolt. Basically would need some wheels/tires (I have some silver aluminum wheels that I could put with it); new rear plastic and seat cover.

While I'm guessing in the long run, I'd make more money parting these out. However, I really don't want to run a parts house, and really don't have the correct packing material/boxes to ship this stuff. Plus, I'd like these to survive.

Question is: what should I do here? Clean them up and put back together what I have and sell each as is? Or should I just part both out? Or part the 83 out and keep the 84 together? Or vise versa?

Mr. Clean
01-19-2016, 12:48 PM
In my humble opinion, part them out. All those parts will go to getting other 250r's back on the trails, tracks and dunes.

I have extra boxes and packing materials if you go that route.

ATCT
01-19-2016, 12:50 PM
I have extra boxes and packing materials if you go that route.

I appreciate it.

Would you sell frames separate from the engines? My '84 has a good title. Original engine.

Mr. Clean
01-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Yes, sell them separate.

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2016, 03:47 PM
People like titles.

That one may be worth more based on it's condition...

oldskool83
01-19-2016, 03:50 PM
only so much will sell, motors, electronics, rear axles and tank and seats...rest is stuff that does not go bad much. Your not happy so sell them as is together. I parted so many bikes and had so much left over I pieced a bike together...not to mention the tons of parts I just thru out since I was tired of the will you meet me half way for $10 part...hello trash can!