PDA

View Full Version : 250es Rim Help ISO

Legns
01-17-2016, 02:39 PM
I desperately need a rim for a 250ES. The one I have the holes are stretched bad and for the life of me I cant get it centered. :( I have looked on ebay but am having trouble finding a stock rim for it. Does anybody have one they would like to part with or know where I can get a replacement for the 25x12x9 tire that i am running. Thanks

ps2fixer
01-18-2016, 10:39 PM
I probably have one around. I'll pm you if I find one tomorrow.

Legns
01-18-2016, 11:12 PM
I actually just bought a fix for it. It is a ring that goes inside the rim and centers the wholes I'll try to post a pic for it when I get home. I didn't even know something like this exsisted it was only $10 and might save some guys money

ps2fixer
01-19-2016, 03:37 AM
Ok not a problem. For teh centering ring, are you talking about the ones that come on the 200es? Most people think they are for extra support for the ring, but if they fit in the 250es rim I bet they would work well for centering.

If the rims are worn fairly badly, You might want to check the studs out closely since I suspect it got worn from running the rims loose. They are listed at honda yet, but a bit spendy. They have the lug nuts too.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/ATV/1985/ATC250ES+A/REAR+WHEEL+85/parts.html

Gearheadtom
01-19-2016, 09:14 PM
200es rings would be a different bolt pattern, 4x150. I think a lot of older Honda's used the same or similar rim as the 250's, 9" rim 4x110 very common bolt pattern.

ps2fixer
01-19-2016, 09:25 PM
True, the bolt pattern difference slipped my mind, made the post right after waking up lol. I'm kind of wondering what Legns found/ is using.

Rim size is very common, however the offset can be a bugger, most quads have the offset right to the outside of the rim while the 3 wheelers were centered or further inward.

Gearheadtom
01-20-2016, 10:02 PM
True, the bolt pattern difference slipped my mind, made the post right after waking up lol. I'm kind of wondering what Legns found/ is using.

Rim size is very common, however the offset can be a bugger, most quads have the offset right to the outside of the rim while the 3 wheelers were centered or further inward.

I think the I think the older 250 fortrax, and the 300 fortrax 2wd's had a similar offset, could be wrong tho.