PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on sprocket bolt set from chromeworld?

ctk
01-08-2016, 08:14 PM
I bought a rear sprocket bolt set for my86 350x from chromeworld. Anybody use them on a trike before? Good/bad things to say? Most likely they will go in my riding bag for a just in case spares for the trail.

deathman53
01-08-2016, 09:16 PM
86 350x sprocket bolts are really long, I doubt those will fit a 86 350x. I have a set of 86 350x sprocket bolts somewhere and they are much longer than any LQ 250r sprocket bolts, longer than trx450r(~10mm longer than LQ 250r) and even longer than the long sprocket bolts that RPM sells for their "race" sprocket hubs.

El Camexican
01-08-2016, 11:44 PM
If you plan to pack any bolts to take as spares make sure you wrap them tightly in cloth. If you just stick them in a pill bottle or something else that lets them bang around with each other the threads will be ruined after just a couple rides. Same with spark plugs.

onformula1
01-09-2016, 01:42 AM
If you plan to pack any bolts to take as spares make sure you wrap them tightly in cloth. If you just stick them in a pill bottle or something else that lets them bang around with each other the threads will be ruined after just a couple rides. Same with spark plugs.

Great, tip I coat the threads with bathroom silicone then peel it off and run your fingernail in the thread while turning the bolt, for spark plugs I carry them in these-

http://www.bobscycle.com/acerbis-sparkplug-holder-assorted-colors.html

El Camexican
01-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Great, tip I coat the threads with bathroom silicone then peel it off and run your fingernail in the thread while turning the bolt, for spark plugs I carry them in these-

http://www.bobscycle.com/acerbis-sparkplug-holder-assorted-colors.html

Hmmm, you got my gears spinning... What about sticking/spinning the spare bolts into short pieces of plastic hose like a sheathe? Less room than my way and easier to clean up than yours, no?

Now let the debate over PVC VS vinyl hose begin!:lol:

BTW, ctk, if you are ever buying "Chrome" plated socket cap bolts (Allen head) be aware that the insides of them will rust as soon as they get wet a few times as the chrome does not get in there well and the tool damages the chrome as well. If you want a chrome look you can use stainless steel and polish them. If you just want strength use the standard bare ones and many just shoot some spray paint on them to keep them from turning orange or get them cad plated if you want strength and looks.

ctk
01-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Great tips on storage. I didn't care about a chrome look. These were just something I came accross while looking at parts.

These bolts are to SHORT. O well thought i would give them a shot.

deathman53
01-10-2016, 09:49 PM
bolts that are close to fitting are RPM sprocket bolts for their race hubs. One thing they are 10mm1.5 pitch, if you have sprocket skid plates, it could cause a slight issue.