PDA

View Full Version : 200e internal gearing question (Hi/Low) for Auto-X

RUNMEDOWN
11-25-2015, 01:33 PM
In the process of my build of an Auto-X, I have decided not to use the 200s bottom end in favor of a 200e bottom end to make use of the electric start. Can anyone tell me the gear ratios of the Hi/Low sub trans? I would like to use the appropriate rear sprocket for fun riding in HI, but I still want to have the Low for any bad spots I get myself into. I originally wanted to swap in a Low-to-reverse kit in the 200e bottom end but I have been reading that kit is nearly impossible to find. I am open to any suggestions.

EDIT: Or can I swap in the electric start to the 200s? Is it worth it if so? I have a complete bottom of both (And a 200x bottom) for parts

hawaiirider
11-25-2015, 02:02 PM
the e is the e-lectric start, s has no electric start or low range, m has e start and no low range.
i built a bike like this and you have to notch the front of the frame and gusset it as well for strength, the high low box will hit your x's chain adjustment system so youll have to grind it out and cut a washer and just weld it in to fit.
gear ratio, just keep the stock x gearing it works perfect.
that palco reverse kit is impossible to find, AND it eliminates high range so its a farm bike only if you use it...

RUNMEDOWN
11-25-2015, 02:16 PM
the e is the e-lectric start, s has no electric start or low range, m has e start and no low range.
i built a bike like this and you have to notch the front of the frame and gusset it as well for strength, the high low box will hit your x's chain adjustment system so youll have to grind it out and cut a washer and just weld it in to fit.
gear ratio, just keep the stock x gearing it works perfect.
that palco reverse kit is impossible to find, AND it eliminates high range so its a farm bike only if you use it...
I have read the treads on the notching, sounds like fun, I have a complete 200e and 200s bottom end, I was thinking of swapping the cases/parts to fit the electric start to the 200s, not sure if it is possible and use the 200s bottom end to avoid the rear frame issue.

hawaiirider
11-25-2015, 05:05 PM
just depends if you want the low range or not, its nice on the x, it will climb anyting!! its not a big job fyi, id go w the e bottom end.if i could have done it all over again id use a trx 200 motor, it has auto clutch, e start and reverse! plus has a lil more power

Crazyktmmatt
11-28-2015, 12:13 PM
I have a 200e engine laying around that I messed with trying to put in a X chassis. Looked like more work then I wanted to do. Anyone have pics of what it does take to mod a frame?

RUNMEDOWN
12-01-2015, 10:40 PM
I have a 200e engine laying around that I messed with trying to put in a X chassis. Looked like more work then I wanted to do. Anyone have pics of what it does take to mod a frame?

There are some great builds I have found on here showing how to mod the frame. The next issue is to figure out the gearing. I am going to run an 18" rear tire and can't change the front sprocket in a 200e. So the rear will need to be around 35-30-Ish. Any input is welcome on this.

Crazyktmmatt
12-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Hmmm Ive never seen pics of how to mod em. Any links?

Theres 11/12t sprockets that can be bought. Can always cut the center out of a 13t and weld it on the shaft of trailprotrailpro old one.

RUNMEDOWN
12-01-2015, 11:16 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/01/0c4f54450ce071c8bc38370ba79a53b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

RUNMEDOWN
12-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Heat the tube. Put wood bat in spot. Smack bat with BFH.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Gearheadtom
12-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Not exactly sure the ratio for low range, but high range is 1 to 1. I think the transmission gears are all the same on the inside, so in high range you should basically have the same gear ratio as a 200s or similar.