PDA

View Full Version : 1985 350x throttle cable and rear mud flap.

spacecrazy187
11-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Hey guys last weekend I bought a 1985 350x. I believe im having issues with the throttle cable. It sticks open and idles very high when you push on the thumb throttle it doesn't snap back like it should feels like its hanging up or something. Then it will work perfectly throttle response is quick and snapy. I notice in the throttle box the cable is a little bent. Hopefully that makes sence. Anyone ever have this issue? Also the rear mud flap is missing 3 screws and the plastic inserts. Would like to attach the mud flap on the left side but not sure best way to do it. It doesn't look bad the way it is but don't want it to get snagged and ripped off. Thanks for any input!!

ATC-Eric
11-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Hey guy,

It sounds like you need a new throttle cable. But before you go ordering stuff, make sure it is not hung up somewhere. Pretty much make sure there is slack, not pinched, or hung up somewhere under the tank, or around the triples. The guide that leads into the carb is bent slightly, so that sounds be normal.

The hardware for the rear mudflap is still available through Honda. You can go to any of the OEM parts sites, and order them.

That is a really nice 350x you found! Congrats on the purchase.

oldskool83
11-12-2015, 03:21 PM
buy a new throttle cable. 17 shipped on ebay.

Remove the rear fenders and mud flap as they are rare to not be busted up. Put on a shelf and buy a rear set of maier fenders.

go ride the bike.

reinstall the OEM plasticas and fender flap when you are ready to sell or sell it on ebay and get the price of your 350X back out.

keister
11-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Your 350X is in amazing shape!
Be very careful with that rear fender garnish. You are right about not wanting to lose it.
You know how much they are worth......... right??

spacecrazy187
11-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks alot for the replys I will make sure the cable is not bound anyware before I order a new one. I got it from the original owner and he only rode it in the sand dunes in oregon.