PDA

View Full Version : Emotional day...

Hunting Chip
11-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Well, the family home where I spent my childhood was torn down today. The local coal mine in our rural area of SW PA bought out my Mom and some of her neighbors about a year ago and started tearing them down over the last couple days. Perfectly good homes that they could rent out but instead choose to destroy them. A lot of great memories there in that pile of ruble that used to be our log home...including one little item that I haven't seen in years...223518
Yep! My radio controlled 1982 ATC 250r Dust Runner!!! I could not believe it. There she was, under the pile of ruble behind the garage. The pickers had missed it, haha. What memories! I remember playing with it long after it quit working and the radio controller was lost. It's getting cleaned up and going right with my old pictures, and pieces of ATV News and Dirt Wheels magazines! What a great barn find!!! Made me feel better after looking at our old place destroyed.

Legns
11-06-2015, 12:00 AM
well that's sucks about your family home but thats awesome about that rc trike

coolpool
11-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Sorry about the home, at least they can't tear down the memories. And in comes karma; it was tore down so you could find your toy! Great find.

Hunting Chip
11-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Thanks guys.
That's right...they can't destroy the memories!
Finding my old toy was literally like opening a 30 year old time capsule. Inside the battery compartment was an old folded up piece of paper with drawings on it that I remember drawing. So cool. My sons were like "Cool! Where did you get that thing?!?!?!"
The 22-11-8 Dunlop nobby's are in surprisingly great shape! Hahaaaa

YTZ drew
11-07-2015, 07:40 PM
This is a cool thread. It reminds me of a song called "Paradise" by John Prine. Sorry to hear about your old home being torn down, but happy for your discovery. Its neat when you stumble across a time capsule such as that.

Hunting Chip
11-08-2015, 08:54 AM
This is a cool thread. It reminds me of a song called "Paradise" by John Prine. Sorry to hear about your old home being torn down, but happy for your discovery. Its neat when you stumble across a time capsule such as that.

Drew, I just searched that song and watched the video on YouTube...wow, you were right. That song says it all. I pass my old home on the way to work, but may pick a different route now.
I knew the 3 wheeler world community could sympathize/relate!