PDA

View Full Version : 1983 ATC 110 Rear Bearing Install

kbags948
10-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Hey everyone,

It's been away for a bit. I recently cleaned up an old neglected 81' 110, and thought since I'd done the rear bearings and brakes on it, why not tackle the wore out rear end on my 83'. Well it's nearly reassembled and now I'm having problems getting the axle to seat all the way in from left to right. I have about 5/16" from where I believe it should be (wear marks from inner housing shield.) Biggest problem is that the chain will not align with the rear sprocket and chain guide/adjuster sprocket. It's very close, but it keeps wanting to walk off the sprocket and/or bind up. I've already fully disassembled it again down to the carrier and can't seem to figure out where or what it may be catching on.

Any thoughts on what the problem may be? Anyone experience this before?

Thanks much!

effort=results
10-31-2015, 09:09 AM
Are trailprotrailpro bearings completly seated down. Pictures or utube vid please

kbags948
11-01-2015, 09:40 PM
I'll try and take some pics tomorrow. I double checked that when I took it apart to inspect after I first noticed the problem. The cylinder spacer between the bearings is sitting flush with the inside of each bearing, so I would assume they can't be pressed in any further. . Also, the bearing seals are flush to the outside of the carrier. The carrier installs back into the frame just fine as well.

kbags948
11-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Here are a couple of pics I took of the rear axle installed loosely. Not sure how much knowledge we'll get from them. You can see a small gap (green marine grease) where it should be flush, and also a wear mark where the inner chain case cover rides along the axle. Notice it's not seating down where it should be. Also a pic of the bearing carrier installed. Notice each side is seated down all the way. Not sure what else to check.