PDA

View Full Version : Possible source for *New* Headlights for the Tri-Z 250

ps2fixer
10-20-2015, 05:17 PM
I was working on trying to source parts to reproduce the headlight socket wiring, and noticed that the headlights in my 1986 Moto4 225 Looked very similar to the photos online. Long story short, the housing fits great in the Tri-Z shroud, and both lights use the same rubber mount, but sadly are out of production as well as the spring.

Anyway, there are some newer Honda's I could source the sockets from, but the rubber seal might not seal up to the light. I haven't found a Yamaha based source yet, but I'm still looking.

Headlight housing part number: 59V-84320-00-00 and it runs $43.53 each on partzilla.

Everything from the 86 225 Moto 4 works for the swap except the headlight socket wiring has a different harness connector. The Tri-Z headlight socket wiring should work fine on it, but I don't have one on hand to test myself.

Anyone interested in the lights/hardware I have photoed? The whole thing is for sale, or just the headlights with mounting hardware. I can replace the connector to be a direct plug in to your harness and will look OEM. The headlight shell is sun faded a bit, but all mounting tabs are good. It is a little dirty, I can wipe it off well when the connector ends get replaced.