PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki's 3 wheelers: RIDE REPORTS

hawaiirider
10-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Well since ive aquired all 3 zuki alt's and put alot of miles on each i feel i can give some info on them.

The ALT 50 is a good little tiny bike perfect for small kids not big enough for a atc 70. it has a factory teather switch and a oil injector. my daughter is 2 and loves this thing. its reliable as morning wood, has ok power for what its intended for and fits in about any car trunk. they are the rarest of the micro trikes but still turn up time to time, they are out there. if your an adult wanting one, go with a honda 70 the suzuki is a true kids only trike. parts are interchangeable with the lt 50 quad so not that hard to get, some trike only parts are fully absolete tho so beware.

The ALT 125 has one good thing goin for it -reverse- the early hondas didnt have it but the newer honda 125m did. the gas tank under the seat is just kinda dumb i think it actually takes weight off the front and unimproves handling and adds a fuel pump and primer.. the seat is great good thing cuz it rides like a rock, handles ok at best. the motors power isnt bad at all, the wierd 1 up 4 down tranny sucks. compared to a honda 110 it handles like crap but has a good amount more power, it could really use a front brake for steep downhills, the tachometer is kinda cool. this bike is a putter, they are fairly rare but made 2 years so they are still out there. some parts ARE hard to find especially plastics, all parts except trike specific interchange with the lt quads.

The ALT 185 is basically a 125 with a bigger cylinder, suzuki was really slackin on this bike... no front shocks in 1985! no front brake! not any longer wheelbase than the 125 or width either! 4 lug hubs and a not needed decompression release are the only new features... the motor has good power over a wide spread, no complaints on the power, its more than hondas 185 but less than kawasakis firecracker 185 which also had reverse and a better tranny (best 185 imo) the zuki 185 was only made one year and is a hard trike to find! i managed to find 2 after really searching, the results are fairly disappointing on this one... parts are same as the 125, fairly tough, especially engine parts on this one.

im keeping these trikes for life, are they great NO but every time someone sees mine i hear the same thing "ive never seen one of those" making it unique to me.

im looking for fenders if yall have any, thanks