PDA

View Full Version : Atc 200e knocking..... video posted

daniel_250r
10-09-2015, 09:24 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhu_Cosp8EQ
Is this a rod knock or? Any one ever heard something like this?

daniel_250r
10-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Ive since removed the top end and the clutch cover. The wrist pin looks like it was heated up at one point and has metal smearing on it/ wear the inside of the rod small end has some scoring too... think i can get away with a new wrist pin? Also when i move the crank side to side (entire crank) theres loads of play because the crank bearing moves side to side in the case. I thought these were a press fit? Big end of the rod feels perfect btw

shortline10
10-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Not press fit to the cases just to the crankshaft itself . I would be more concerned with up and down play .

daniel_250r
10-14-2015, 09:38 AM
In definitly going to rebuild this over the winter as a project the factory exhaust is almost perfect no rust. The seat pan is rust free, still has the factory tool kit and came with the ownership!

Gearheadtom
10-14-2015, 05:05 PM
I have fixed the wrist pin ends of a rod before with a brake cylinder hone, but that was on a couple different bikes that had just 1 big burr on the inside of the rod in the center, and a new wrist pin wouldn't fit. Hard to tell in the video, but it sounds like the timing chain and guides are wore as well and making noise.

83ATC185
10-15-2015, 08:41 AM
I'd get a good wrist pin and see how much wobble it has. I bought a new wrist pin for my rebuild and decided to polish the rod out with some fine sandpaper, and was happy with the results and the fit. it was lightly scratched. But if your wrist pin is rainbowed and galled up there's a good chance that nothing will be in spec.

Sounds like a good excuse to build a hot motor to me ;)