PDA

View Full Version : Front axle troubles

YamaBoss
10-08-2015, 03:35 PM
My 225dx had a 200e front end on it. Triples, forks, axle, hub and wheel. I wanted to get some 225 forks to help raise the front end a bit and make it look more like a 225 should. As many people on here throughout many threads have stated it is a direct swap. Well I found out today it is anything but that. The base of the 225 axles are wider then the 200e, even with the wider 200e axle I am still a few inches short.

So now I have a set of 225 forks with no use for them, I figured I'd ask on here if anyone had any ideas for them. I was thinking/hoping maybe an axle from some other machine will work. I was hoping maybe a big red or a 250sx has a similar diameter axle but just wider then the 200e axle.

The other option is having an axle made, anyone have any idea about what this would cost? I can't imagine it would be that costly, but if that's my only option I will have to eat the cost.

I thought about just getting some 225 triples but I don't think that would work as my front tire is to wide for them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.