PDA

View Full Version : 86 200X clutch question

SeD
10-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Hi I'm in the process of changing the clutch on my 2nd gen 200X. I need a guru to tell me which of the 2 pics I've uploaded is correct. In the service manual pic there are 2 washers which when assembled would be stacked together when installed. In the service honda / bike bandit pic there is only 1 washer. Also, I have a mystery washer of sorts that fell out when I pulled side cover off the engine. From what I can deduce is it came from in between what I have circled mark 3 in both pics, but there isn't a washer there in the pics, any Ideas? I have a couple other motors I can tear into to check, but they are both of questionable history, meaning I don't know if they are properly put together. Thanks for any help!!

oscarmayer
10-06-2015, 02:05 PM
Post photo of actual washer. there is a washer that sits under the center hub in the clutch.
the 1st .pdf
#1 is on top and #2 goes under. it looks like a castle in the photo.

#3 again is a spacer (thin washer) that can sometimes be needed for spacing to allow it better contact to the throw out bearing. not very common.

the 2nd clutch.pdf
#1 is supposed to have a washer I top of #6. washer 2 is under neith #6
#6 "can" have a very thin washer under #8 for spacing to allow it better contact to #4 the throw out bearing. not very common.

SeD
10-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Here is a picture of both washers. Seems to me that if I had a second washer like the one on the left installed like the manual has I wouldn't need the washer on the right for the thrust bearing? Right or wrong? Thanks for quick reply!

SeD
10-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Well I tore apart 2 of the spare motors I have, 1 - 86 and 1 - 87, the 86 somebody decided to "re thread" the crank with a RH thread nut, so the crank is messed up. But both clutches only had one washer. Both had washers on the kick starter, so my idea of it being for the thrust bearing was wrong I suppose.

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2015, 04:22 PM
The back of the shifter does have a thrust washer #13 at Service Honda.

Clutch is 12 and 13.

LH threads on the crank!! and make sure you run "14 on the oil pump. It keeps the loose chain on.....

If there is a kickstart idler gear, there is probably a thrust washer on the back. I couldn't find it on the parts diagram.....

When you take that stuff apart, put a zip tie through it or tight on the shaft so if it takes 6 months to toss back together.

Or, line it up into an empty egg carton.

SeD
10-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Thanks, I got it all back together yesterday afternoon, and what a difference a new clutch makes!