PDA

View Full Version : Compression testers

fieldy
10-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Wanting to buy a new comp tester. I see Lincoln Mityvac, Motion Pro, Sealey. Also there are cheaper digital ones now. I really am looking for quality and versatility. I am thinking that I want the Lincoln, even saying its perfect for Marine engines. I am looking on 3bay, sorry no links. Anyone that could comment about testers?
I've also got a kawi that the kicker slips. I should be able to get it in the air, put trike in first gear, turn the rear wheel while holding the throttle open. Can I get a good test like this?

John Tice
10-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Compression checkers are at any auto parts store. No need for a digital model. Pick up a stethoscope; after you’re pumped up, you can hear most any leakage.
JT www.smallenginemachineworks.com

barnett468
10-04-2015, 04:52 PM
I've also got a kawi that the kicker slips. I should be able to get it in the air, put trike in first gear, turn the rear wheel while holding the throttle open. Can I get a good test like this?

nope . . put it in second gear . . pull the clutch in . . carefully push it at walking speed then let the clutch out or have someone push you while you sit on it with i in second and the clutch in etc . . gas off and throttle wide open.