PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Atc 185s part interchange and bolt size thread

Degoragon
09-24-2015, 08:12 PM
I've already had an engine part interchange thread, but does anyone have an idea what all interchanges in general with it, be it from another Honda or not?

Also, I'm looking for the bolt sizes so if I lose another bolt, I can find the one I need by checking size. Right now, my muffler bolts rattled out and I have one in the back that's a little too small and a nut. I inspect my bolts before riding, but I still managed to lose those. Also, the owner before the previous lost all the bolts for the pull start.

Thank you

86125m
09-24-2015, 08:18 PM
all the bolt sizes are listed when you look up the bolts in a site like partzilla or a parts whorehouse site. You should be abail to go to any home depot and find just about any bolt you need.

Flyingw
09-24-2015, 10:47 PM
The problem with allot of the Honda bolt lengths is they are not commercially available. Oddball lengths like 28mm or 32mm are not standard and that makes finding replacements a challenge. That's why I gather OEM hardware and have it replated. For some of the commercially available lengths, I buy from Tekbolt. http://tekbolt.com/categories.asp?cat=23