PDA

View Full Version : 200E engine in 185S

GTO
09-18-2015, 01:48 AM
I recently acquired a ATC185S that is in pretty bad shape(was left outside near the sea for years), engine is missing some covers and the rear mounting bolt is seized in the casing(so bad that I think casing will break if I try get it out), had to cut it out of the frame.
We have a lot of Big Reds x6ES running and a x3 in parts.
I have a good 200E engine which I was thinking of transplanting into the 185, it pretty obvious it will fit.
Are there any issues I should be aware of?

3wheelrider
09-18-2015, 06:31 AM
I recently acquired a ATC185S that is in pretty bad shape(was left outside near the sea for years), engine is missing some covers and the rear mounting bolt is seized in the casing(so bad that I think casing will break if I try get it out), had to cut it out of the frame.
We have a lot of Big Reds x6ES running and a x3 in parts.
I have a good 200E engine which I was thinking of transplanting into the 185, it pretty obvious it will fit.
Are there any issues I should be aware of?

The frame will have to be dented to clear for the starter along the downtube. Starter has to stay mounted even if not gonna be connected. Thats all.....

GTO
09-18-2015, 07:45 AM
The frame will have to be dented to clear for the starter along the downtube. Starter has to stay mounted even if not gonna be connected. Thats all.....

Thanks, want to connect the starter anyway, what about sprocket sizes?
Would I be able to use 200E rear sprocket on 185S axle?

86125m
09-18-2015, 01:14 PM
You will also need to use the atc 200es wiring harness and sort out where you are going to mount the battery. the rear sprockt should be fine on the 185s however you could probably use the 185s sprocket as well.