PDA

View Full Version : 250R porting suggestions?

jays375
09-16-2015, 05:01 PM
This question is asked a ton and hard to search.So I am going to open a new one.Looking to get my 250R cylinder ported and am looking for suggestions please

barnett468
09-16-2015, 05:12 PM
do you want suggestions on how to do it yourself or do you want to know where to send it?

what kind of power are you looking for?

if you just install a food pipe and slightly bigger carb and maybe buy an adjustable timing unit and advance the timing a few degrees they run really well . . its very easy to do too much to a bike in the porting department.

barnett468
09-16-2015, 05:14 PM
also, i would do a compression test . . if it is around 150 or less, you will get more power everywhere by increasing it

jays375
09-16-2015, 05:54 PM
It will be a brand new rebuild.Yes looking for suggestions on where to send it.Going to install a pipe and larger carb.Mostly using it for TT racing.

John_Neary
09-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Best running 250 Honda motors i ever used where built by Rob Selvy with a Kenny Roberts pipe. Ask for his "National" package if your checking account is up for it. :)

barnett468
09-16-2015, 06:35 PM
if selvy can't do it, or cant do it in the time you need, you can try arlen at the link below but he won't be "inexpensive" either.

http://ledperformanceengines.com/

one other option is to try harry klemm . . he knows all about the works cylinders and some other cylinders that marty hart and the other guys were using and made one for mike coe that worked better than all of them which is the same one that honda stole off of coes bike and put on martys bike that i think marty won a san jose or santa rosa national on . . if you email him it might take a few days for him to reply.
also tell him that mike from kawasaki r and d department said that tennessee has banned him from renting cars after he tried to blow the engine up in the last one . http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif

http://www.klemmvintage.com/

86T3
09-16-2015, 07:03 PM
Send it to Jason Hall.

The_Steve_Man
09-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Mine is going to Bubba Ramsey Friday. Very good and reasonable

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

yaegerb
09-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Wanna save some money? Go with Jason Hall. He's one helluva porter at half the price of the big names. Want a name on the side of the cylinder with quality? Go with Rob Selvy, Arlen Lehman (LED), Jerry Hall (halls performance) or Harry Klemm at Klemm vintage. Those guys won't be cheap but they are the best.

atc007
09-16-2015, 10:25 PM
Jason Hall,or Tom Carlson,,TC Racing,

jays375
09-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the info!Please keep it coming.I want as many options to research as possible.This is all new stuff for me.

barnett468
09-16-2015, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all the info!Please keep it coming.I want as many options to research as possible.This is all new stuff for me.

unfortunately you can not research who will make your bike the fastest because there has never been any direct comparative tests done between any of these guys.

i would say that unless you are a top pro or plan to be one that any of these guys can make your bike run faster than you will ever be able to ride it, in which case, time and price and location might be more important to you.

jays375
09-17-2015, 06:48 AM
I like to have as many options as possible.Plus schedules don't always work.By no means am I a pro rider or looking for a discounted price.

oscarmayer
09-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Do NOT try to do it yourself. Send it to Eric Gore or Lukesracing.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer
09-17-2015, 07:27 AM
Not trying to bash but Hall ports to do larger ports. Great for dunes. But you need all around power so his porting would make it harder for you on the tracks.

86T3
09-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Not trying to bash but Hall ports to do larger ports. Great for dunes. But you need all around power so his porting would make it harder for you on the tracks.

Jason Hall will port it for whatever range you want. His son won 5 of 6 needt races he entered this year, he knows what to do

250rRoostmaster
09-17-2015, 04:14 PM
do you want suggestions on how to do it yourself or do you want to know where to send it?

what kind of power are you looking for?

if you just install a food pipe and slightly bigger carb and maybe buy an adjustable timing unit and advance the timing a few degrees they run really well . . its very easy to do too much to a bike in the porting department.

I always get hungry after using my food pipe:drool:

250rRoostmaster
09-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Also +1 for LED performance. Built me a little monster 270cc.

barnett468
09-17-2015, 04:46 PM

I always get hungry after using my food pipe:drool:

Hey, I now have proof that someone actually read one of my posts.

Now why the hell would anyone want to do that!

. . http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/l/laughing/graphics-laughing-867787.gif

Mosh
09-17-2015, 04:57 PM
I have 2 Jason Hall ported cylinders that routinely holeshot 310s and 450R trikes. Plus they have stump pulling torque. They will yank your arms out of the sockets when they hit the pipe so they will wear you out on a MX track, but he does phenominal work with R cylinders.