PDA

View Full Version : 82 200 $50 ... Questions

short4stuff
01-21-2004, 09:25 PM
I know you are going to say you cant go wrong for $50 but, I have a question. The allen keys bolts on the head are they just to hold the head and the cylinder together??? Could I take the cylinder off without taking them out? They are stripped, if i just drill them out will they just screw out because there is no pressure??

Also It will come with another engine, it is missing the front fender, the rears are cracked the sprockets done, the bearings gone, the engines need top end job... Probably will part out...

thefox
01-21-2004, 10:04 PM
I guess you could take off the top end without taking the allen bolts out but once the engine is out of the frame you can get vise grips on 2 or 3 of them then drill out the others. And for $50 why not? I bought a 185s for $50 a few months ago, it needed alot too so I ended up parting it.

-Andrew

short4stuff
01-21-2004, 10:07 PM
cool, just wondering, what did you make for profit?

thefox
01-21-2004, 10:11 PM
I got about $250 profit. I ebayed most of it and still have a few parts left. Mine was complete but had been sitting about 10 years so everything was rusty.

-Andrew

short4stuff
01-23-2004, 07:23 PM
so does anyone know if i take the 4 bolts (the nuts) will i be able to remove the cylinder/head together??? if so how do I "break" the gasket seal???

Crash104936221
01-23-2004, 07:54 PM
i cant remember and im not neer my engine to have a look as its still apart but will it come off with the cam chain tentioner and guide ?

if you can wait till sunday night i would be able to give a posative answer

as for bearking the gasket just use a rubber malet but dont smack the fins too hard they might break i think i used my pocket knife and poped them free but its not recomended

joe

TRI-Zbrian
01-23-2004, 08:01 PM
i dont think u will because the cam chain will still be hooked to the sprocket in the base of the engine. so its not all going to come off together.

thefox
01-23-2004, 08:14 PM
If I remember right the cam chain does not have enough side-to-side play in it for it to "bend" over the cam. You can try taking the cam sprocket off and loosening up the cam chain tentioner then pulling it over the cam. I know that when I tried to put a cam chain on a honda 200 before I ran into this problem but I just don't remember if I was able to squezz it over the end of the cam or not.

-Andrew

short4stuff
01-23-2004, 11:29 PM
alright thanks for your help, I was able to squeeze it over. I got it all apart the piston scraped the cylinder :rolleyes: o well, also is there a master link in the cam chain. I am parting this trike out if anyone needs parts.

short4stuff
01-24-2004, 08:36 AM
is there a way to take the cam chain tensinor out? I got one side out but what about the other side? also whats an easy way to remove the back plastic piece that say honda on the side of the engine. It has 3 screws and is a pain to get off....

Crash104936221
01-24-2004, 08:40 AM
for the tentioner i belive there is a bolt at the top of the part that is removable the tentioner will stay with the lower end

thefox
01-24-2004, 01:05 PM
The cam chain sliders do come out. One just sits in a grove on the top and bottem where the other one has a screw by the cdi that comes out and 2 screws behind the cover that is behind the rotor. You do not need to take off the black cover on the right side of the engine, it is just a heat shield. If you realy want to take it off then just wack at it with a impact driver but I have found that they realy dont want to come off.

-Andrew

short4stuff
01-24-2004, 01:09 PM
so i can take the right side case off with out taking that black cover off?

thefox
01-24-2004, 01:56 PM
so i can take the right side case off with out taking that black cover off?
yes

-Andrew

short4stuff
01-24-2004, 02:29 PM
ok, i took the 10 or 12 bolts out for the right side case, and the clutch adjuster nut off and the case wont budge ... would it be the gasket holding it on? Also are you sure there is nothing behind that black cover there has to be something

thefox
01-24-2004, 02:58 PM
The clutch adjuster comes out with the cover so you don't have to worry about that and there arn't any bolts behind the blastic cover. There are 2 locating dowels that can make it hard to take the cover off sometimes and the end of the crank. goes into a bearing in that cover. Try to gently tap at the cover with a rubber mallet. Be sure that you got all of the bolts out. Check http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/Default.asp for more pics.

-Andrew