PDA

View Full Version : 350x Tyre Profile

atcmatt
08-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Finally have got myself a very nice example of an ATC350x down here in OZ. it still has the original tyres with minimal use, on it and I am thinking about getting another set as it would be a shame to ruin the originals. Just wondering what tyre I could get to keep the original look of the OEM ones. Don't care about tread pattern but something that has the tall thinner look of the factory tyre. Most all tyres I had on my old 250r had a very square look to them if that makes sense. Thanks for the help

Matt

Onetrackmind
08-13-2015, 09:58 AM
If you want the OEM look, I would go with these for the rear:
http://www.hpcheetahtires.com/tires.html
and maybe a Kenda Front Max until Cheetah delivers their OEM patterned front tire which is supposed to be out by year's end. Do a search here on them...guys are having good results I believe. Also, they are only in one size (for 250R) but they should mount up on 350X rims with no worries. I am thinking about a set for my 350x as well.

atcmatt
08-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Awesome, that is great. Just having a look now. Thanks mate.

Matt

atctim
08-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Stock 350X tires are 22 inch. The Cheetah tires, while a very nice tire, and stock looking, are the wrong size (20") for a 350X.. A good alternative, although now discontinued in the United States and Canada, are stock 300EX (and 250EX) rear tires. They still might be available in Aussieland if you call your local Honda dealer. They are almost identical to a stock 350X tire.

atcmatt
08-14-2015, 06:43 AM
Fair Point Tim, yeah definitely like that taller look tyre. Yep I reckon I might be able to get a hookup on them. Might call around over the weekend. Would be suprised at the stuff still left on shelves here, not everything has been cleaned out like in the U.S.!

Thanks Mate.

Matt

wamulass
08-22-2015, 09:37 PM
sedona bazooka is my favorite sport tire. 21x11-9 would be nice as they run a little tall. And I would recommend a 4 ply front tire such as a carlisle AT489. Front max is only 2 ply. Had one with over a dozen plugs in it. Cheap tire however and is good for the price.