PDA

View Full Version : 200x almost done

86125m
07-25-2015, 11:41 PM
this is my 200x I got her in pieces for free in April. then began the processes of inventorying what I had and didn't have. and low and behold almost everything was there besides some missing bolts. the front fender was replaced with a 250r front fender which was a great improvement over stock. the rear shock was all intact but I accidentally let out the nitrogen when i was trying to get the spring off to paint it and boy that was a big mistake it took forever to track someone down to refill it. the front forks got new seals and boots. the handle bars were replaced and they were bent beyond repair. the master cylinders were also replaced as the old ones were beyond being rebuilt, both are Chinese but function well. The engine was rebuilt back to basically stock but somewhere along the line heavy duty clutch springs were added. the rims were all still good and the front tire was perfect however the rear had the dreaded trailprotrailpro. don't worry though they are being replaced at the end of the week with some hole shot style tires. the tank was professionally redone. basically everything on the bike has been repaired re coated or replaced. I am missing and can not find a stock sprocket cover. and my lighting coil does not work and i probally could use some new rear fenders but all in time. Its running and i'm really enjoying it.218965218966218967218968

86125m
07-25-2015, 11:45 PM
oh and my 200m got jealous and had to get in the pictures as well.

knappyfeet
07-26-2015, 01:46 PM
oh and my 200m got jealous and had to get in the pictures as well.

and the dogs got jealous and had to be in the photo as well.

it looks really nice. Inspiring me to get started on mine. Just a question...... how is the color of the Maier compared to stock. Is it close or really off. I was wondering because I need to purchase one but don't want to purchase all.

86125m
07-26-2015, 02:02 PM
Yea those dogs love me to death they follow me everywhere. The color is actually pretty close to the passion red but its a lot brighter and glossier than the stock red. But it is an almost perfect match for rustoleam sunrise red which is the color I used to paint the shrouds the frame and the headlight bucket. So if your going frame up restomod like I have. I would paint the frame and anything that was red with the sunrise red paint you can buy it in the rattle can for metal or plastic from just about anywhere but walmart actually has the best price on rustolem paint. and also I cant afford nos plastics or find any good used plastics so the Maier is my only option and in my mind its the best option i ride all of my bikes so I dont want to ruin any nos plastics by putting them on my riders.

knappyfeet
07-26-2015, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info. I see on ebay you can purchase all the plastic parts with the exception of the headlight. Still it adds up to nearly $400. Still might be worth purchasing all to keep the glossy color consistant. I have some rust spots on my frame but I might just leave them and see if I can salvage the finish. The tank dosent look horrible but you know.

Jmoozy27
07-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Nice job!!! Is the sprocket cover the same as a 200s? If so I have one that you can have.

86125m
07-26-2015, 09:20 PM
no its not the same wish it was it would be alot easier to source. I am going to put a sprocket cover off of a crf 230f on it ive made sure the mounting holes are the same and i am 99.9 percent sure it will fit.