PDA

View Full Version : 250R Reproduction hose & Bleeding

jet pilot
07-14-2015, 08:26 PM
AS the 250R restoration project is nearing its end, I decided to add brake fluid and bleep the brakes. The rear went fine. The front I worked on for over an hour and it is still spongy. I even used a pnematic bleeder, but same thing. I thought that because the hose was higher than the master cylinder that it was holding air at that point so I lowered the hose and still have the same issue. I did notice that when I squeeze the brake, there is alot of flexing in the hose. The hose I am using was a reproduced one from ebay. I am wondering if anyone else has used this hose and if they have had any problems. I am thinking that the repo hose is a thinner hose and therefore expanding when I squeeze the lever. Any input? Here is a link to the hose I am talking about.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ATC-250R-REPRO-FRONT-BRAKE-HOSE-NEW-NOS-MINT-/221764087891

atc007
07-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Good seller. Bleed the bolt first,,,thoroughly. Then, bleed the bolt at the caliper,,thoroughly. Then,and only then! Bleed at the bleeder. Should be hard then.

jet pilot
07-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Good seller. Bleed the bolt first,,,thoroughly. Then, bleed the bolt at the caliper,,thoroughly. Then,and only then! Bleed at the bleeder. Should be hard then.

What do you mean by that? how do you bleed the bolt? I am assuming I would pump the lever then crack the bolt loose like you would a bleeder??

onformula1
07-14-2015, 09:05 PM
here is what I use-

Mine just died so I had to buy a new one, but it did last 24 years so I can't complain.

http://mityvac.com/pages/products_bcbe.asp

Put everything together, fill from the top and keep it filled, pump away until there are no bubbles, use a screwdriver hand to smack the brake line up and down to dislodge stuck bubbles.

atc007
07-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Yep,,That is right. I am AMAZED you got your rears bled without this same procedure! Pump till hard and bleed the bolt,many times, then the caliper bolt,,,then, the bleeder. I will guess your rears will get much firmer if you go back and try this also.

jet pilot
07-14-2015, 09:17 PM
I am in gthe process of doing it right now.....thanks for the help

Yep,,That is right. I am AMAZED you got your rears bled without this same procedure! Pump till hard and bleed the bolt,many times, then the caliper bolt,,,then, the bleeder. I will guess your rears will get much firmer if you go back and try this also.