PDA

View Full Version : 1986 200x nwxt in the resto line

jet pilot
07-12-2015, 05:36 PM
As I was finishing up my 86 250R restoration, a guy stopped by to buy a few parts. we got to talking and he said "ya, I got an 86 200x in the barn that the kids havent rode in years." I dropped my wrenches and followed him to house. I know have a nice, all original (except tires) 86 200x that will be going through the resto process like the 86 & 85 R's are. It even has the original certificate of origin from Honda. So...if anybody has any NOS parts that they are selling, like fork boots, seat cover, tires and fenders, let me know.

Jmoozy27
07-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Nice find!!!

Mr. Clean
07-12-2015, 06:14 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/174979-Some-expensive-NOS-parts-for-sale-86-7-200X-350X

bigezee
07-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Hello. I am going through a restoration myself with an 86 200x. Actually another term I am going to use that another member suggested is a "recommission" and not restoration. I am not making a museum piece packed with NOS parts but a rider that looks good and with correct to the period parts. Please post pics of your progress. We love pictures!

So...if anybody has any NOS parts that they are selling, like fork boots, seat cover, tires and fenders, let me know.

These are all available if you are willing to pay for them, and wait for them. Someone just posted a link to a member with some NOS parts. These are getting more rare and the price keeps going up all the time. Ebay and this forum are the two best places that this stuff can be found. I have gotten some good deals on here from some members and Ebay too but a lot of them need cleaned, polished, painted. Finding NOS parts for these things is kinda like a treasure hunt and looking for stuff is half the fun in all of this.

jet pilot
07-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Hello. I am going through a restoration myself with an 86 200x. Actually another term I am going to use that another member suggested is a "recommission" and not restoration. I am not making a museum piece packed with NOS parts but a rider that looks good and with correct to the period parts. Please post pics of your progress. We love pictures!

These are all available if you are willing to pay for them, and wait for them. Someone just posted a link to a member with some NOS parts. These are getting more rare and the price keeps going up all the time. Ebay and this forum are the two best places that this stuff can be found. I have gotten some good deals on here from some members and Ebay too but a lot of them need cleaned, polished, painted. Finding NOS parts for these things is kinda like a treasure hunt and looking for stuff is half the fun in all of this.

Hey I read that post about the restoration versus recommission. That is a pretty cool term and i am sure that it will catch on. I am going to restore this to OEM like I am doing to my 86 250R (check my post) and my 85 250R. The interesting thing about the 200X is that parts are actually harder to find than they are for the R's. THankfully, I have some inside connections to help with the location of some of these parts. I am happy to wait for such hard to find parts like fenders, headlite garnish, etc. I want my collection to be 100% authentic. Yup, the wife thinks every part costs $50.00! I just aded up the receipts from the 250R project and damn near fell over myself. When your spending 100 here and 100 there, it doesnt seem like much, but before you know it there is over 4k, invested in just parts. I will be posting several pics of the project, like I did with the 86 R. Please do the same!