PDA

View Full Version : High idle problem?

plkmonster2
01-19-2004, 07:49 PM
I just got the 200e together, but it was running lean, and i richened it by raising the needle. Now it doesn't get near as hot, but it has a high idle problem, which makes it hard to shift. Is it too rich? the engine will rev stay at a high idle for anout 5 seconds, then it will slow down to a normal idle. This makes it hard to shift, and creates other problems. Any ideas? I think that it could be too rich or, is it another problem, btw, does this machine have an air screw, its a ytm 200e yamahualer. THanks.

J.D.
01-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Yep it has an air screw, in the right side of the carb. Things to check would be that the idle screw isn't too far in, the throttle cable is adjusted, the throttle cable is ROUTED CORRECTLY and not getting kinked, the throttle cable is LUBED, and lat but not least I would also check and make sure you don't have an air leak.

-Goku

Wickedfinger
01-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Might be an intake leak ......

hondaATCman
01-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Sounsd like an air leak or your throttle slide is getting stuck. When you raised the clip I'd say you got some dirt or other debris on the slide, which will cause it to hang for a few seconds, then drop down. Take it out and spray lightly with WD-40 or something like it and it should be fine. If it still does it, check for air leaks around the manifold and carb. Like Goku said, check the cable and make sure its not in a bind. Good luck!

plkmonster2
01-20-2004, 01:41 AM
thanks for the quick replies guys, the slide wasn't sticking, since i could flick the throttle and it would still do this. It happened to be an air leak, lol, thanks god for copper rtv sealant! :-D ;) 8)

Wickedfinger
01-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Score yet another one for Wicked Jonny Tejas!!!!

J.D.
01-21-2004, 12:53 AM
Score yet another one for Wicked Jonny Tejas!!!!

Umm...excuse me!?

From my post:

and lat but not least I would also check and make sure you don't have an air leak.

I think I won ;) hahahah j/p around :-D

Wickedfinger
01-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Ah, but you had like three things in there ... I pin pointed it. :D

plkmonster2
01-21-2004, 02:03 AM
lol, fight it out! lol, j/k :-D