PDA

View Full Version : no sparky

fieldy
05-26-2015, 11:46 PM
86x ran great, started up several times, ran wot on way home. While shutting it off for the day ( last fall ) the handlebar switch wasn't right, got it to stop though. Switch was bad and i couldn't fix it. I bought a used switch, no spark. Then bought a new switch, no spark.I have a manual what should you check first? I hope I can get time to dig it out and look at it soon. First time it ever let me down, ever.

oscarmayer
05-27-2015, 09:40 AM
check all connections to every plug. every bullet connector and every plug at every part electrical. clean each and every connector with contact cleaner, use flat nosed pliers to gently tighten the female side of the connectors down and use di-electric grease to help keep them from rusting and stay clean. this would be my first thing I do before anything else. then next, or even while doing this, unscrew the plug connector on the coil wire. trim off about 1/2" and screw it back on. this ensures you have non-corroded connection to the sparkplug, ensure the grounding wire to the coil is not broken and loot to see about replacing the loop at the end if it even slightly feels loose or ez to move.

after that use the manual. a link to it is in my sig for download.