PDA

View Full Version : 86 350x rear suspension gopro video

ctk
05-26-2015, 03:38 AM
I took this video near ambrose lake michigan. Read the description for details.

http://youtu.be/-npJBIfXOQo

I don't know how to post a link. If somebody can tell me how, I will.

YamaBoss
05-26-2015, 07:22 AM
http://youtu.be/-npJBIfXOQo

oscarmayer
05-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Your bottoming out a ton on tiny bumps and holes that rams the rear shock is worn and the spring is soft. To fix, Contact onformula1 here on the boards. He can rebuild your shock and mod it for better riding and handling than it ever had stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctk
05-26-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm guessing this the condition of 75% of the 350x's that people ride. As my description says my exhaust is lowered so suspension looks worse than it is. These were not tiny bumps either. That being said I mention in my YouTube description I do plan on a full rebuild front and rear. I think the video shows what a old suspension looks like that most people ride on. Oscar have you installed the race tech gold emulators yet on the front? I thought you were gonna use them. I'm looking at there stuff right now. I'm gonna due a front rebuild withe new springs also

oscarmayer
05-27-2015, 10:00 AM
yea and talk to onformula1, he can build you something 10Xs better! that I can promise. He is building my 200MX suspension setup. all the parts that were on the 350x are being used on the 200x. So he has the ability to build some really nice stuff. If you hurry you may even talk him into swapping you out with my stuff he just build (not ready to use it yet) and he can build me more from yours later. I set mine up for a 200lb rider. I'm 191 but plan to get down to 175-180 for the Baja. you can adjust a good setup from a rider +/- 15-20 lbs either way, so I should be fine with gear on. (gear is about 7-10 lbs)

Racetech makes some good out of the box stuff, but onformula1 does everything custom for around the same parts and labor but better and designed to fit your application exactor.

ctk
05-30-2015, 03:07 PM
thanks for the link yamaboss.