PDA

View Full Version : Carb overflow quick question

trikeguy2014
04-28-2015, 07:50 PM
When I jump or shake my 85 250r hard I will get a drip from the overflow every once and awhile. Is this normal or is my float just a shade to high. Never leaks while sitting or running just when the bike itself is being tossed around? Something to worry about or is this normal?

Bobbywolf
04-28-2015, 11:55 PM
You shouldn't worry about it. Your float may be a hair high, but if you don't have fuel running out of it, you are fine.

Rob

Scootertrash
04-30-2015, 08:40 PM
When was the last time the carb was cleaned, and I mean really well? Not just a carb cleaner hose off and put back together? You shouldn't be dripping gas like that. If it were me, I'd fix it. Check the float level and if the float needle is old replace it. If you replace the float needle, make sure the seat is nice and clean. I use carb cleaner and q-tips to clean the seat. And, since you have it apart, clean your jets, and give the rest of your carb a nice thorough cleaning.

Your carb will thank you and your trike will run like it should. ;)

trikeguy2014
05-01-2015, 07:18 AM
The carb has been gone through less then few months ago I think it is okay clean wise. If I want to adjust the float can someone inform me which way to bend the tab so it lets just a little less fuel in the bowl.

trikeguy2014
05-01-2015, 07:20 AM
Also maybe a good description of how to check the float level. My carb is the original 85r round slide.

I want to say thanks for all the help so far by the way.

Scootertrash
05-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Put this link in your favorites. It's a link to manual downloads for 3 wheelers. You'll find the float level info in the carb section of the manual for your trike. ;)

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/