PDA

View Full Version : 185s vs 200s

Truck Norris
04-27-2015, 08:58 PM
Ok so ive read a couple threads on the subject and none really have the info im looking for. Right now my only rideable trike is a 83 185s. I like it and i ride it hard. I have broken the frame in it and welded it back together. But other than that i have no complaints.

I have another 83 185s that has a running engine and is complete aside from a seat pan, tires and decent plastics. I also have a 85 200s that ive been using as a parts trike. The 200s engine did run when parked and the trike is close to complete. But also needs tires and plastics but has a good seat pan (plastic)

My original plan was to do something inbetween a tune up and a restore to the 185s. But since i found the seat pan to be rotted to nothing and seeng that the frame isnt the strongest got me wondering if i should make the 200s a rider instead.

The build im doing will include all new bearings and cables and plastics along with the seat. If i use the 200s i will need a foam and cover kit. If
I use the 185s ill need a pan and a foam and cover kit.

So i geuss the real questions i have are: is the 200s frame any stronger than the 185s? And if not is it still worth using the 200s frame to avoid the $90+ id need for the 185s seat pan worth it.

oscarmayer
04-27-2015, 10:24 PM
not 100% sure on the strength of the frames (from what I remember they are pretty much similar), but the 200s has a slightly bigger motor (and better gearing).
if your riding that hard, maybe you need to look at a different Trike all together. The solid frames were for butting and having fun not for riding hard and doing crazy stuff. Why not look into fixing up the trikes, sell them and sue the $ to buy a nice 200x? it has a full suspension and a much better designed framing system.