PDA

View Full Version : Fell off truck, broke rear plastic. repair help.

brokenforks
03-15-2015, 03:41 PM
OK i was loading my atc on the truck and the ramps slipped out in the mud even tho they were strapped to the truck. Anyway, now that we are all safely on the ground again I ended up braking the rear fender in two places. really its more of a split in the center and a small crack on the edge.

I was wondering what the repair options are? I was thinking about getting a plastic welder but was wondering what other options people have used or tried.

thanks. I want to get it fixed soon enough to ride in spring water holes lol

hoosierlogger
03-15-2015, 04:41 PM
If you are going to ride it in water holes, why worry about the plastics? You are just going to trash the rest of the trike soon any way.

Samjp22
03-15-2015, 04:45 PM
could always just stitch them together with some zap straps

brokenforks
03-15-2015, 06:00 PM
If you are going to ride it in water holes, why worry about the plastics? You are just going to trash the rest of the trike soon any way.

well i quess the biggest reason is the plastic keeps the water off me. secondly its a major eye sore, and while i may ride thru water i didnt say I take it out a beat the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of it while doing it. you can ride thru water slowly and with ease. since 1985 its seen lots of water and is in near perfct condition. big red 250

anyway i was hoping for a better fix than zip ties, they will usually split more in the future im my experience. i should upload a pic when i get home.

hoosierlogger
03-15-2015, 07:01 PM
You could try the plastic fabric stuff. Someone did a write up on it. Sounds like a better fix that stitching.

03-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Normally if you drill a hole at the end of the crack and stitch it with zip ties, the drilled hole will stop it from cracking any further.