PDA

View Full Version : Recomended bearings?

dman10
03-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Since I'm rebuilding my 200HX,
I figured I go ahead and replace all the bearings. So front and rear axle and steering neck.
Anybody recommend where I should get the bearings from? This is a budget build, but I don't want bearings going out in a year.
Thanks,
"D"

Jmoozy27
03-14-2015, 11:20 PM
All balls is always my first choice. Best bang for your buck.

f76
03-15-2015, 02:27 AM
If you want the best, timken bearings are tough to beat. Auto parts stores should have them, will probably have to cross reference the numbers.

YTZ drew
03-15-2015, 08:55 AM
The trick with steering head bearings is to replace ALL the loose balls AND the races at the same time, or convert to tapered roller bearings (moose or all balls racing are both decent kits). Use the best EP grease you can get your hands on, and adjust them correctly with a little bit of preload (any play is bad). This will all make way more of a difference than the name brand of the bearing. Same goes for wheel bearings- good grease, and make sure the spacer in between the bearings isn't worn, that will affect the preload on the bearings. Follow those recommendations, and keep the pressure washer nozzle away from them when cleaning, and they'll last for years.