PDA

View Full Version : 1987 ATC 250R Seat

sportvette
01-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi,

Could the person with the 87 ATC 250R seat please send me a pm?

Thanks,
Mark

350Xccelerator
01-17-2004, 04:40 PM
i dont think anyone from the forums got it, it was on ebay but for alot of money.

md1985250r
01-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi,

Could the person with the 87 ATC 250R seat please send me a pm?

Thanks,
Mark

none of my business really but,,,,,,,,,,did you get a pm yet?

sportvette
01-18-2004, 09:48 AM
no pm yet. i thought one person here bought that seat that was on ebay. the one pictured on the hunt for 87 hondas page.

short4stuff
01-18-2004, 09:54 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=16781

Glad to Help

x.system
01-18-2004, 11:36 AM
That be me. I hunted it down and bought it from the buyer. Sorry I havn't replyed, I've been working and plowing almost non stop lately. heres a pic comparing the 86 and the 87 seat.

md1985250r
01-18-2004, 02:29 PM
i think that is an after market cover ...........no way it came out of the factory looking like that....yes it is slightly different but it is crooked.......NO WAY HONDA LET THAT OFF OF A PRODUCTION LINE LIKE THAT!!...my opinion

x.system
01-18-2004, 02:53 PM
i think that is an after market cover ...........no way it came out of the factory looking like that....yes it is slightly different but it is crooked.......NO WAY HONDA LET THAT OFF OF A PRODUCTION LINE LIKE THAT!!...my opinion

Think what you want, or better yet look at the brochure. the atc on the 87 does not follow the line of the bottom of the seat like the 86 and 85 did. It follows the line of the top of the seat. I know its an original. This seat cover has never been off this pan and when I compare the underside of the 86 to the underside of the 87 they are identical, same black staple strip, same seam location, some of the folds in the corners look identical. The honda's on the rear of the seat are identical. Even the stiching is identical on both, 3/8" on both. Who knows where it came from or how the person got it originally but I am 100% satisfied that it is 100% stock. It would be nice to know where and how it was found or bought but I have talked to the person who sold it on ebay and from he told me it came on an 86 250r he bought, thats why he thought it was an 86 seat until a bunch of people emailed him from this site and told him he had a 87 seat.

md1985250r
01-18-2004, 03:12 PM

Think what you want, or better yet look at the brochure. the atc on the 87 does not follow the line of the bottom of the seat like the 86 and 85 did. It follows the line of the top of the seat. I know its an original. This seat cover has never been off this pan and when I compare the underside of the 86 to the underside of the 87 they are identical, same black staple strip, same seam location, some of the folds in the corners look identical. The honda's on the rear of the seat are identical. Even the stiching is identical on both, 3/8" on both. Who knows where it came from or how the person got it originally but I am 100% satisfied that it is 100% stock. It would be nice to know where and how it was found or bought but I have talked to the person who sold it on ebay and from he told me it came on an 86 250r he bought, thats why he thought it was an 86 seat until a bunch of people emailed him from this site and told him he had a 87 seat.

look i am not trying to argue about it..................until i see proof of an 87 complete ...........what anybody says is heresay!!!

Just3
01-18-2004, 03:14 PM
i have a unkle inlaw or something that has a 87 250r yes he has one and yes i've seen it and the seat looks just like that. before every one starts screaming for pics i will have to wait till we go vist he's in s.e. oklahoma but i will get pics

x.system
01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Wasn't argueing, just stating some facts. Sorry if it came off that way. I am working on finding one complete. I've got people in 3 different countries looking for one. Maybe one day one will turn up.

Jeb
01-18-2004, 03:35 PM
I've never seen the seat in person, but the picture sure looks factory. You can usually tell an aftermarket cover even from pictures and that sure doesn't look aftermarket to me.

Just3, I see your location is Edmond, OK. I live in the DFW area. Back in '99 I drooled for a couple weeks over a NICE yellow 85 Tri-Z I found on-line for sale in Edmond. A guy named Monte had it for sale. Do you know him? During that time he had allot of cool machines for sale.

Just3
01-18-2004, 04:24 PM
i dont now if its the same guy but a friend of mines uncle is named monte and he has two tecates one red one green they say he use to have quit a few trikes. could be the same guy

trikerider2oo7
01-18-2004, 06:22 PM
A while ago there was a 1987 250SX in the greentab. Wish I would have had the money for it.