PDA

View Full Version : Honda Big Red Power Plug Question

onformula1
03-13-2015, 12:59 AM
1984 Honda Big Red

We bought on of these trikes brand new and it was great. We use it for hunting, fishing, pit trike, moving trailers, towing logs, camping and towing many, many buddies Tecate's that couldn't keep. :lol:

I have searched on this forum and can't find the answer-

Anyway my question-

I seem to remember a sealed power type plug under the headlight on the left side of the trike. I also seem to remember in the Big Red brochures that Hondaline made some items to plug into it.

I was going though some ATC parts boxes and found X2 battery type charging cords. I can't for the life of me think what else they would be for.

One has markings that say- DAIICHI 24V-10A

The plugs look like 110V but the are both at a approx. 45 degree angle and both have battery type charging clips, one red, one black.

Flyingw
03-13-2015, 02:57 AM
That's a tough one. I've never seen those on a brochure. Could be aftermarket. This is one accessory sold for the 84ES. Its a removable utility light a guy in NH sent me to refurbish and make a mount for. It came out beautiful. My buddy also has one I used to copy the mount from. This guy also has a working speedo on his 84.

onformula1
03-13-2015, 03:51 AM
Thanks, that light is sweet a museum piece!

I think the key will be the plug on the Big Red front end.

These are Japanese made.

I was hoping they were something cool that are rare that someone would like to have before I round file them or cut them up for electrical test equipment.

Chopsaw
03-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Thats not the right config on the prongs . The 200es has a vertical and a horizontal . What you have isn't for a 200es power port .